• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My marth vs my friends CF

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hey E40, nice videos you have there man, I would say you should try to roll a lil less but that's all I can think of for now. Anyway, good **** E40, I'll look forward to playing you at Ken's next biweekly.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i found no problem in his rolling at all.

however, when he cf throws u, USE UR FAIR RIGHT AWAY to fend him off, usually its faster, and it prevents him from hitting u.

also dont use ur double jump right away, u kno cf can run off the ledge and hit u, save ur double jump for right before u upb.

uhh, that spike was kinda bad, u were going to die anyway if u hit or missed, practice ur teching too.

spaced nairs, should prevent him from nair'ing u, and dont sit in ur shield too much, cf is fast, he will grab u right away. rather than sitting in ur shield, just keep shffl'ing nairs, and pokes and fairs, to space ur self from him.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Tips! remember, its only my opinion

First off thats a good marth and you were playing a good falcon so heres some tips imo.

Don't grab so much, the dash dancing to grab is good but you used it far too much.

F-smash or F-tilt more, I seen many points were a f-smash or f-tilt would have lead to a tipper but you either backed off or tried another grab.

Keep the pressure on, you backed off alot and lead the falcon regain, always keep them on their toes.

thats all I see, hope it helps (I only watched the first video)

Marthpaladin

Smash Rookie
On the second match, I noticed that u began to Fsmash quite a bit more from your first match, so I can't really say use Fsmash less or more. On the second, u used Fsmash a little too much, and most of them were almost hits.

A tendency that a lot of people have including myself is that the time spent DDing does not change all that much. There were several times I could predict when u were going to attack after DD because I noticed u would not spend very much time doing it. It might take some getting used to, but try to vary this time a little more. It will keep the opponent guessing.

Overall good Marth tho.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Thnx, ya i do grab alot but people tell me i dont grab enough an it confuses mezzzzz >_<. I'll try to "stay on them" more next time. Ya my friend does have a pretty sweet falcon thnx for the tips bro.

DuKe™

Smash Journeyman
yeah you should have used some more nairs so you could have kept the cf away from you instead if him just nairing you and getting you all the time, one thing i lalso noticed on the second match is that you just let your friend up b right onto the top ledge while you just sat there you should follow him and try nairing him your DI was kind off after he kneed a bunch a time work on your rising fairs for recovery and space yourself from the falcon and use tilts a little more sometime f smash has too much lag time and try juggling the cf i try to do that a a lot i think i also see you trying to combo on him and get aggressive by all the x fairs practice some on that when your on land and falcon is in the air **** him

Tyson651

Smash Lord
for ur second match, u need to DI backwards to space away from falcon when u use ur nair, he shouldnt be able to be shield grabbing u when ur using aerials.

also uthrow is better, u can throw in anything u want from an uthrow, like tech chase at lower percentages, and utilts or just regrab at around 30%.

u need to abuse ur wavedash backwards to fsmash, he doesnt seem like he fakes a lot so u gotta abuse him. when u do this, he will get scared and start to fake, so u can just go in and suprise him.

also i noticed ur reaction speed is quite slow, so falcon got a lot of hits on u which seemed like they hit u on suprise, as u play more, ur reaction speed should get faster, so theres not much to do there.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i cant think of much to add that hasn't already been said, these other guys have had some pretty sound ideas...

but im not going to waste a post so... it seems to me that you werent really watching him, more like you were focusing more on getting your movements right at some points. in the first one, there were a couple of instances where you did the dash dance perfectly to set him up for a grab, but when he rolled, you'd miss it and wouldnt punish him for it.

oh... and you should use black marth : P...ftw

Jazzness

Smash Ace
First of all, good matches! I like!

The only suggestion I have for you, WhiteOblv, is to try to anticipate more. Try to think of tech-chasing as less of just a reaction to the opponent and more of a setup -- FORCE the opponent to tech/wake up, and be ready to punish them.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yes good video.I think that u gave captain too much time to recover and go on the offensive.The grabbing thing is good but instead of throwing him backwards throw him fowards and learn to tech chase him.But i believe ull find away on ur own since hes ur friend and i would assume u play him alot so.....Good luck and nice vid.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
i see you can spike now evan hahaha.

amyways lets see.

1. your too passive, you space to much to the point it gets obvious and prevents you from landing more hits and enables your opponent to read you easier meaning youll get your *** beat more.
2. finish combos i saw many combos go unfinished cuz of your habit of quickly dashing away when in close range, if you dont think youll land the move go for a grab instead.
3. when on the ledge try coming up with either uair or nair.....more so uair though good range, priority and hits under shield sometimes.
4. ALWAYS or at least almost always SAVE YOUR JUMP WHEN KNOCKED OFF do side-b and just float down and even fair, then either sweet spot, up b really quick while your opponent least expects it, wait for the right time or do upb mid jump to get more height when coming from down low.

and when fighting blitz, hes fast but he really doesnt attack with meaning, more of just random attacks with his falcon mainly, so just wait for him to come to you cuz he will, and punish accordingly.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Gotta be all up in that Falcon's face with your aerials. You whiffed ALOT; this is something you should avoid as Marth, or anyone, vs. Falcon. Be faster with your movement, time things closer to his attacks to take better advantage of his lag.

All I got for now. Also, work on your throw combos; Aho told someone while I was hanging around that Marth was almost entirely about the Combos, and the more I think about it the more I agree.

Top Bottom