• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Luigi impressions after playing last night

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
To begin, I have to say I'm surprised at the high percentages and slow paced battles that have generally been shown in the vids thusfar. My friends and I noticed knockout was generally around 120-130%. The game is amazing, the physics make it feels ten times better than melee.

This isn't a detailed report on Luigi's moves; you can go elsewhere for that. My goal is to give you my impression on the way Luigi felt as a character compared to others.

I was excited about Luigi's move to Brawl and I have not been disappointed. Luigi was one of characters most similar to their melee counterpart in terms of overall feel and play-style. Which is not a bad thing at all for those who have learned to appreciate his way of fighting. Luigi's FS :D yes.

Anyway, The biggest notable changes. His downB doesn't have the manuvurability it did in melee. But that is okay because it is still a very useful and powerful move, and now it rises every time if you mash B. Not only that but it is much easier to do a rising luigi now. I wasn't able to pull off a sweetspotted upB, so no comment.
Luigi's fireballs shoot at a much higher rate and do more knockback.

His A-moves are virtually unchanged in form and function and feel.

My favorite thing about Brawl Luigi: if you are going to miss wavedashing into upSmash & downSmash attacks it practically back. Get a running start then stop. Brawl Luigi will slide just as far as wavedashed Melee luigi. Its amazing for setting up kills.

I've been a Luigi fan since he started sliding around in SMB2Lost Levels. I'm thrilled about how he's been rep-ed in brawl. he's what top tiers are made of my friends.

Folt

Smash Ace
I can't wait to get the game when it comes out in Europe. I'm gonna play and play and
become a decent Luigi player, and then perhaps I'll join some Europe Tournaments if I can.

Top Bottom