• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My love for the Universe is 0.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
No. I said

He believes science has the means to answer philosophical questions and problems as a way of understanding our place in the universe.
That's not a wide range of "philosophy". There can be a philosophy based solely on the research of monkey fecal matter; it doesn't mean it's genuinely "philosophy", as a broad practice.

That said, he doesn't think philosophy has kept up with science, hence his statement "philosophy is dead." But he acknowledges there is [has been] this connection, which is all I said to begin with. The "changed over time" is, again, him thinking it has fallen behind.
Philosophy? Fallen behind? That's funny. It's right here, stronger than ever. It is the people - they've fallen behind; more so than their ancestors.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
As for the spirals, what do you think of the connection between the eye of the tornado and that of how a black hole behaves?
They are both interesting phenomenon, though I am far more fascinated by black holes. There is speculation that black holes are how universes are formed, including ours. There is work right now towards proving this, though it's a long way from complete, of course. The idea that all the matter and energy of the known universe being compacted into an infinitely small "dot" in space is not new, but the idea that this dot formed by way of a black hole, is a leap ahead. It also explains a lot of the mysterious nature of the universe and why it behaves as it does. It's an interesting theory.

And in point of fact there -are- natural phenomenon on earth that mimic black holes. We know so little of what life is like near the event horizon of a black hole, that it's hard to draw a physical comparison to anything... but of course the "eye" of a tornado or other weather pattern is in fact quite the opposite of the tumultuous area surrounding the eye wall, this is true of tornadoes and hurricanes, etc. Though not completely void of sound, they are much quieter than the "roar" one hears if caught alongside the outside of a tornado (what sounds like a freight train). Also the wind is much calmer, if not barely detectable.

As for a more existential connection between tornadoes and black holes... heh I suppose one could look at black holes as a means towards the ultimate Creation mechanism, if the newer theory holds true. Therefor we'd look at tornadoes as the exact opposite. They really serve no purpose other than to tear **** up. Unlike hurricanes and other large weather systems, they do not necessarily move hot/cold air around, balancing out the Earth, they seem to be mostly an end-result to a set of circumstances that are favorable for their formation.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
They are both interesting phenomenon, though I am far more fascinated by black holes. There is speculation that black holes are how universes are formed, including ours. There is work right now towards proving this, though it's a long way from complete, of course. The idea that all the matter and energy of the known universe being compacted into an infinitely small "dot" in space is not new, but the idea that this dot formed by way of a black hole, is a leap ahead. It also explains a lot of the mysterious nature of the universe and why it behaves as it does. It's an interesting theory.

And in point of fact there -are- natural phenomenon on earth that mimic black holes. We know so little of what life is like near the event horizon of a black hole, that it's hard to draw a physical comparison to anything... but of course the "eye" of a tornado or other weather pattern is in fact quite the opposite of the tumultuous area surrounding the eye wall, this is true of tornadoes and hurricanes, etc. Though not completely void of sound, they are much quieter than the "roar" one hears if caught alongside the outside of a tornado (what sounds like a freight train). Also the wind is much calmer, if not barely detectable.

As for a more existential connection between tornadoes and black holes... heh I suppose one could look at black holes as a means towards the ultimate Creation mechanism, if the newer theory holds true. Therefor we'd look at tornadoes as the exact opposite. They really serve no purpose other than to tear **** up. Unlike hurricanes and other large weather systems, they do not necessarily move hot/cold air around, balancing out the Earth, they seem to be mostly an end-result to a set of circumstances that are favorable for their formation.

Very nice wording when you wrote, "existential connection". I very much enjoyed that new array of expression; I plan on using it now.

Don't disregard the tornado, just yet. Think about it more. Mother nature happens above, so below, in many different mannerisms that are very important aspects to consider in order to capture the grand idea here. Take a look at all of nature's wrath; what does the tornado do better than every other natural disaster? Think about it, because when you realize the answer, you realize that there is something greater behind the tornado than, say, a tsunami or a volcano eruption. Here's a hint of its importance: storms occur on what seems to be lifeless planets (no water or real signs of growth), like Jupiter.

Not to mention that the tornado resembles the formation of a black hole and, again, the nature of a tornado's inside is akin to a black hole.

Do not forget that I have the psychical blue prints to the existential spirals from the spacial spirals. I am well versed in the language of chaos and insanity; I can tell you everything about a person based on their number of changes in their lives - if it's little to nothing, they will show no signs of chaos / insanity / spirals - if it's more often than not to living in it, they will show those signs in ways we commonly fear and reject as being "evil", "crazy" or the inaccurate, but accurate, "insane".

Black holes /are/ the processes of creation/destruction. There's a reason why light is faster than everything, except when opposed by a black hole's draw. If you understand the Universe's states as being higher/lower, like light and darkness, you'll see why "insane" people always "win", while "good" people, or "higher states", can only do so much without being "swallowed". This is why I trained myself to become both, a "god", and a "void". I am a juxtaposition between holism and nihilism - thus I am the Universe's creation and destruction.

There's a reason why we look up at the night sky's stars and feel warm inside. The entire philosophy/psychology I work with will reveal exactly why we feel that way; and no, it's not because of touchy feely emotional drama pants.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
storms occur on what seems to be lifeless planets (no water or real signs of growth), like Jupiter.
Well, this is because weather patterns are dependent on changes in pressure and temperature in the atmosphere, so not necessarily the elements present. Jupiter is an excellent example of this, now that you mention it. Being that it is a gigantic planet, everything is bigger, though similar in nature in terms of weather occurrence. Weather patterns on Earth or dependent on the same things as other planets, it just so happens that the elements, molecules and compounds of Earth result in the specific patterns we observe here such as El Nino, The Jet Stream, the water cycle, etc. Interesting to note, Venus was thought to have been similar to Earth at some point, but Venus suffered a cataclysmic greenhouse effect due to volcanic eruptions that it was never able to recover from, unlike Earth which too has had periods of absolute desolation due to such events and yet has been able to rebound and reform, turning new, stronger life each time (largely due to the vast oceans of Earth being able to absorb all the excess carbon).

Not to mention that the tornado resembles the formation of a black hole and, again, the nature of a tornado's inside is akin to a black hole.
Black holes are formed due to the collapsing of stars under their own mass (gravity). Tornadoes are formed when high pressure and low pressure air interacts. A low internal pressure draws in high pressure air, causing a vortex. As you approach the Event Horizon of a black hole your pathways away from it approach 0, meaning that eventually all pathways in 3 dimensions will eventually lead only to the black hole itself. Tornadoes, though... are constantly flinging debris around, regardless of the object's distance to the wall of the vortex. Indeed even items trapped within the vortex itself do not necessarily remain trapped, this is how objects of incredible weight can be flung hundreds to thousands of feet from the center of the storm. And since we technically have no idea what conditions beyond the event horizon are like, we really cannot say that the nature of a tornado's inside [are] akin to [that] of a black hole.

Do not forget that I have the psychical blue prints to the existential spirals from the spacial spirals. I am well versed in the language of chaos and insanity; I can tell you everything about a person based on their number of changes in their lives - if it's little to nothing, they will show no signs of chaos / insanity / spirals - if it's more often than not to living in it, they will show those signs in ways we commonly fear and reject as being "evil", "crazy" or the inaccurate, but accurate, "insane".
This would be interesting to explore. Though increased episodes of emotional turbulence do not necessarily translate into greater signs of eccentricity, it certainly stands that in the world of observation this seems to be the case, as in such people as Michael Jackson (who at a young age was subjected to quite a bit of emotionally disturbing phenomena and who later as an adult seemed to be quite nuts.) But we must be careful not to hold prejudice in any kind of scientific approach. There will always be an exception to such rules of human comparison because of the nature of humans. Maybe... perhaps if the correlation were somehow deconstructed further, it could be decided what is or isn't predictable.

Black holes /are/ the processes of creation/destruction. There's a reason why light is faster than everything, except when opposed by a black hole's draw. If you understand the Universe's states as being higher/lower, like light and darkness, you'll see why "insane" people always "win", while "good" people, or "higher states", can only do so much without being "swallowed". This is why I trained myself to become both, a "god", and a "void". I am a juxtaposition between holism and nihilism - thus I am the Universe's creation and destruction.

There's a reason why we look up at the night sky's stars and feel warm inside. The entire philosophy/psychology I work with will reveal exactly why we feel that way; and no, it's not because of touchy feely emotional drama pants.
I'll have to get back to you on this... if I can :p

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is because weather patterns are dependent on changes in pressure and temperature in the atmosphere, so not necessarily the elements present. Jupiter is an excellent example of this, now that you mention it. Being that it is a gigantic planet, everything is bigger, though similar in nature in terms of weather occurrence. Weather patterns on Earth or dependent on the same things as other planets, it just so happens that the elements, molecules and compounds of Earth result in the specific patterns we observe here such as El Nino, The Jet Stream, the water cycle, etc. Interesting to note, Venus was thought to have been similar to Earth at some point, but Venus suffered a cataclysmic greenhouse effect due to volcanic eruptions that it was never able to recover from, unlike Earth which too has had periods of absolute desolation due to such events and yet has been able to rebound and reform, turning new, stronger life each time (largely due to the vast oceans of Earth being able to absorb all the excess carbon).
Venus suffered it probably because the sun is closer which prevented Venus from gaining any bodies of water. Mercury is clearly a burning mass of molten rock, while Venus seems to be the conclusion of what could have been Earth, but then Venus failed because the sun did not sign up for a cosmic anger management session, so afterwards, Earth was then created after the Mercury and Venus fail; but that wasn't enough, so Mars was created as a second Earth, yet wasn't enough to sustain itself, which is why Mars has signs of dried up water, then Jupiter was made, which is huge, because the sun is farther away, allowing the chemical reactions to reach a much greater level that other planets could not have, as the sun's heat is a valuable asset to planet growth, which is why the planets farthest away from the sun are ghosts with no solid form; the same way heat can make metal so strong, or minerals like diamonds so tough - and... Pluto, a planet that isn't a planet that doesn't care it isn't a planet by rotating around the sun and because it doesn't care it does it irregularly and cheats one of the planets by being closer to the sun at a certain point; but anyone with a brain can tell you that Pluto is another part of this solar system that we haven't really discovered yet, which contains planets like the ones with weird numbers and letters like future robots would (ex. A701C).

Black holes are formed due to the collapsing of stars under their own mass (gravity). Tornadoes are formed when high pressure and low pressure air interacts. A low internal pressure draws in high pressure air, causing a vortex. As you approach the Event Horizon of a black hole your pathways away from it approach 0, meaning that eventually all pathways in 3 dimensions will eventually lead only to the black hole itself. Tornadoes, though... are constantly flinging debris around, regardless of the object's distance to the wall of the vortex. Indeed even items trapped within the vortex itself do not necessarily remain trapped, this is how objects of incredible weight can be flung hundreds to thousands of feet from the center of the storm. And since we technically have no idea what conditions beyond the event horizon are like, we really cannot say that the nature of a tornado's inside [are] akin to [that] of a black hole.
The tornado and the black hole draw things inwards. So does a whirlpool and a sink hole - all containing spirals. An insane man also draws us to them, which makes strong-minded people interested, and weak-minded people offended. What causes insanity? When everything they ever lived for and built from their first experience in life falls back on itself, creating this "void" which is never satisfied, which explains why people are devouring vultures when ever they come across weak, decomposing aspects of life. This hunger we have for weakness and the need to feed off of it is in every last one of us; it's the result of the Universe's black holes existing within us on a much smaller scale, but providing the same eye of destruction all the same.

When you see a tornado throwing around debri, you're looking at it wrong. This is with civilization. This is with nonsense we put here on Earth and destroyed nature with. Imagine the uses of them before humans ever existed. Then tell me that a tornado isn't like a black hole, when it's clearly destroying its own life on the surface to renew it in a cycle.

This would be interesting to explore. Though increased episodes of emotional turbulence do not necessarily translate into greater signs of eccentricity, it certainly stands that in the world of observation this seems to be the case, as in such people as Michael Jackson (who at a young age was subjected to quite a bit of emotionally disturbing phenomena and who later as an adult seemed to be quite nuts.) But we must be careful not to hold prejudice in any kind of scientific approach. There will always be an exception to such rules of human comparison because of the nature of humans. Maybe... perhaps if the correlation were somehow deconstructed further, it could be decided what is or isn't predictable.
There's no prejudice - if anything, Science is the prejudice, by ignoring philosophy, open-thinking and only wanting answers, and abusing a basic formula so they can create more complex formulas that have no relation to our reality and is just a "deeper" product of the "clear" formula.

I'll have to get back to you on this... if I can :p
Take your time. Thinking about this all day still proves to me that this spiral theory is so profound that it's still giving me a headache. Don't think hard or force thoughts. Just breathe and think of simple things that a spiral could relate to - then pump those brain muscles and make stronger connections. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom