• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My LEAST favorite fighters to fight on FOR GLORY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
ok, this doesn't specifically say anything about your choice of playable characters, but when on for glory, there is a bigger opponent that changes the flow of gameplay that people don't usually mention in these ranking discussions; input lag.

online, you have to preemptively press your buttons in order to beat the lag and cause your player to attack before your opponent can input defensive measures, and this is a major issue in smash 4. while the lag generally isn't that bad and they slow everything to compensate, there is still ping differentials between every single person involved, and it can get really messy for good players dealing with players that use characters that abuse this lag to do large amounts of damage that are almost unavoidable unless you do everything a half second before it occours on screen.

tl;dr lag changes the game

without further ado...

10. Roy (yes... fire emblem roy. not bowser jr. roy. asshats.): he has been firing up the tierlists everywhere, being more powerful than any other swordsman by leaps and bounds. his attacks have amazing staying power, its hard to dodge his general barrage unless you are a dancer like ZSS. he's simply frustrating to lose to because he is so robust and not all that predictable in capable hands.

9. little mac: i never know if i have no hope or will be getting an easy throw win. he can be the worst player and the best player. it all depends, but what he gets is the 1HKO. online, he can steal so many kills without the other playerhaving any chance to dodge it or deflate his power meter. his on-floor tactics are just as cruel when they are used right. i'm not saying he's great or terrible, but he is devicive and can get really cheap wins.

8. pit: he's very erratic and can abuse his reach and powerful side b strikes with lag without losing much defense in doing so. he's rude with side b spam and will usually get solid hits with his arrows. he does damage easily with good players, and its hard to counter his air attacks, especially with lag.

7. villager: not that the villager is broken in any way, and yes, i acknowledge he's fun to play as, but when he's being fed forethought inputs on a lag-based internet, he can get away with more than he normally should. you are required to expect which one of his very projectile moveset he is going to do every time or else you take damage. you just have to get used to fighting villager before you start killing them.

6. pikachu: PIKKAAAA!!!! *zooms back and forth across the battlefield* *spins in the air* KACHUUUU!!! KACHUUU!!! the classic spamming hell of pika bolts, thunderbolts, and quick attacks. lag makes it infuriating to deal with. the little rat is damned good here, and is in fact a jerk to anyone not ready for predicting the future.

5. rosalina: i love fighting rosalina. rosy is what i call her. she's an amazing fight with yoshi, and i commend anyone who... wait.... are you just jumping and using your up and down a over and over again? what??? oh god staaahhhhppppp! *dies*

i hope that clarifies something. using her well and spamming her best maneuvers over and over online with the benefit of lasting past your dodges makes her a tough internet hoe. a damned good one sometimes.

4. samus: while i love fighting zero suit samus, samus is so repetitive. so horribly classic. so good under the right hands, and so laughably bad in the wrong hands that you feel like you don't know how to approach the fight. it makes the flow of battle revolve around them every time, and they abuse that well. samus has a hell of a projectile and shielded A attacks that are greatly benefitted by the lag time, and there isn't much to do when they know how to abuse it.

3. bowser: i main bowser. i know how insufferable it is to be taken to the pit 2-1 making it 1-0 and forcing the game. i try to avoid doing this, but other people will grab you and slam you to hell if you give bowser an inch. bowser will take every mile he can in a fight, and trying to avoid a grab death is always tough.

2. metaknight: his up B under air combo is horribly hard to dodge under lag. the opponent generally does a combo in a rhythm, so maybe you can time it out after the first strike set, but most of the time, he scores easy kill hits with this input, and it can instantly lose you a seemingly leading game. he's harsh even after his brawl to 4 transitional debuff.

1. ganondorf: side b. grabs you. splodes you. low kicks you before you can grab the ground and avoid the low kick because lag forces you to see the event before you can reasonably react as if you were playing locally without lag, forcing 40% in 1 strike set with smash fling. this is 1 grab doing 40%, and at 80% any smash from ganon kills you. he's frustrating for newer players or a beacon of spamdom that elite spam agents gather around in order to use his side b over and over and getting free low kicks every time. not only that, but his side b in the air will insta-kill you and give him the win. no matter what. its pretty horrifying.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, input lag is really an annoying issue, especially Smash 3DS. However, I don't think this isa huge issue on the Wii U version, because Wii U has more better processing power than 3DS, and if you use lan adapter to connect the internet, I don't think there will be input lag problem.

This is probably why I stay out of FG 1v1 for most of the time.
Team battle is almost perfect, but there's only time match rather stock match...

So... after reading your article, you first say about input lag, then you made a list I guess it's the characters you don't like to fight against in FG? But why do you put up input lag first?
Just a word of advice, you can tech Ganon's side b.
Tech Ganon's side B? How with (check my mains below)?

Last edited:

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Tech Ganon's side B? How with (check my mains below)?
Teching is a universal thing, when you land on the ground in tumble you can press either trigger (shield button) to instantly stand up or role in a direction as opposed to bouncing, and it can be done when you get grabbed by Ganon's Side b.

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
Im glad you didnt put yoshi in here. THough I rarely see these characters on fg.

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
Yes, input lag is really an annoying issue, especially Smash 3DS. However, I don't think this isa huge issue on the Wii U version, because Wii U has more better processing power than 3DS, and if you use lan adapter to connect the internet, I don't think there will be input lag problem.
processing power and the connection aren't very linked when it comes to the amount of upload/download stream you have going. they are pretty much the same for me.

So... after reading your article, you first say about input lag, then you made a list I guess it's the characters you don't like to fight against in FG? But why do you put up input lag first?
because for glory IS LITERALLY JUST competitive smash in a lag inducing environment where the pings are generally filtered to give each player the same data rate. it was very relevant to a lot of these fighters i've chosen because it makes moves harder to dodge by the time they have happened.

PS: try teching ganon online. just try it when they have a **** connection and you are slamming the shield button furiously as it doesn't work.

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
Im glad you didnt put yoshi in here. THough I rarely see these characters on fg.
i would never put yoshi on here! he's flawed but great, and i love every cuddly wuddly sticky inch of my dino buddy <3 even if dodging some of his attacks is hard online lol

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
he's a jack of all trades, and hopefully showing that he can be a master of most things =3

pants the terrible

Smash Cadet
NNID
horsenwelles
3DS FC
5198-2438-0134
sonic is just a single move combo over and over. its not hard to avoid after a while. he's just kinda predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom