• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Laptop won't read my SD card

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
So I have a few replays saved on my SD card that I use for my Wii, but for some reason my laptop cannot read it. This error message appears:
"E:/ is not accessible.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O Device error".
The SD card works fine for my Wii though. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140E. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

joenm8r

Smash Cadet
SD card issues

Is it one of those new high speed SD cards? It will have a 4 in a circle. I recently got a 2GB card from Sandisk that is rated at 4 and it works fine on both my Macs but when I try to read it on my PC at work no dice.

Another thing you might try is putting some images on the card from a digital camera, sometimes those card readers only look for images.

*edit*
Another thing you might try is formatting the card on your laptop, although it sounds like you wouldn't even be able to get that far. If you can get your computer to format the card, make sure that you back-up any brawl data to your Wii first.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Is it one of those new high speed SD cards? It will have a 4 in a circle. I recently got a 2GB card from Sandisk that is rated at 4 and it works fine on both my Macs but when I try to read it on my PC at work no dice.

Another thing you might try is putting some images on the card from a digital camera, sometimes those card readers only look for images.

*edit*
Another thing you might try is formatting the card on your laptop, although it sounds like you wouldn't even be able to get that far. If you can get your computer to format the card, make sure that you back-up any brawl data to your Wii first.
Thanks man. I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom