• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Guide to Pichu.

Formula

Smash Apprentice
My first guide here...bah.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pichu Guide
Made by: Formula
Made on 1/13/03
luigi907@aol.com
Copyright 2003 Formula. In English, that means don't take this guide
without my permission.

---- ---- ---- ----
Table of Contents
---- ---- ---- ----
1. Introduction
2. Getting Pichu
3. Getting to know Pichu
4. Pichu's Moves
5. Pichu vs. Pikachu
6. Strategies
a. Classic Mode
b. Adventure Mode
c. All-Star Mode
d. Break the Targets - Coming Soon
7. Combos
8. General Tips
9. Credits
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
1. Introduction
---- ---- ---- ----

Pikachu, one of the most popular Pokemon in all of Pokemon history,
isn't the only target. Seen in Red, Blue, and especially Yellow versions of Pokemon,
Pikachu isn't a very easy target, if trained well. However, Pikachu isn't an only child.

His pre-evolution Pokemon, Pichu, isn't seen more powerful than Pikachu. Pichu
can't control his electrical powers, so he hurts himself a little when he uses
them. But when released, they send out a very shocking blow, perhaps more powerful
then Pikachu's.

This guide will help you understand Pichu, and get to know the good sides about
him.
---- ---- ---- ----
2. Getting Pichu
---- ---- ---- ----

Certainly, Pichu is not the hardest character to get. You must complete Event Match #37,
Legendary Pokemon. Not a very easy task, but here are some tips.

Reccomended Character: Anyone fast, like Young Link or Fox.
Tips: When a Pokeball comes, beat Jigglypuff to it, and attack Jigglypuff away
if you have to. Throw it down, and it will be a Legendary Pokemon (Ho-oh, Suicune,
Articuno, even Mew/Celebi, but a very low chance), but it can also be Wobbuffet, who isn't
very good. Don't bother attacking the giant wire frames, it won't do anything. The best
thing you can get is probably Articuno, because it can sometimes be an OHKO.

After you beat it, you must fight Pichu himself. Beat him, and he will be yours.

You can also play 200 rounds of Vs. Mode, but I reccomend the first way.
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
3. Getting to know Pichu
---- ---- ---- ----

As I said in the introduction, Pichu loses about 2-4% damage for every
electrical attack. Attacks such as Thunder Jolt and Skull Bash cause damage to
him, but attacks such as normal A attacks don't cause damage, with the exception of
Agility, which DOES cause him damage, even though it's not an electrical attack.

Pichu has one of the best smashes in the game. When fully charged, it can OHKO people at
low percentages, depending on weight. This attack is called Spark, where a ball of
electricity comes out of Pichu's cheeks, juggling (holding the opponent in the air while
attacking it multiple times) the opponent, then shoots them off flying.

Pichu is the smallest and lightest in the game. Now being light doesn't have any advantages,
but being small does. It's difficult for big players such as DK to hit you if they use
high attacks. But watch out for very strong attacks, such as Link/Young Link's Ariel Down
A. They can send you flying if your percentage is too high.
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
4. Pichu's Moves
---- ---- ---- ----

SPECIAL MOVES

B- Thunder Jolt
A normal projectile, which goes about 3 quarters of the stage Final Destination.
Does about 8% damage.

Smash B- Skull Bash
Very similar to Luigi's Green Missile, you can charge this up and shoot yourself
horizontally against your opponent. This doesn't have any missfires, so it's Pichu's
secondary recovery attack.

Up B- Agility
Basically the same as Pikachu's Quick Attack, only it doesn't do damage, easier
to do 2 segments, and a bit slower. It also hurts himself.

Down B- Thunder
Similar to Pikachu's Thunder, a bolt of lightning comes when Pichu summons it.
If the Thunder hits Pichu, however, he will gain percentage. To avoid this, jump
in a direction, and use Thunder. The bolt shouldn't hit you. But it's harder to hit
opponents this way. Also, Pichu's Thunder juggles the opponents, doing more damage, unlike
Pikachu's, who only strikes once.

PHYSICAL MOVES

Smashes
Foward Smash- Spark
Upward Smash- Headbut
Downward Smash- Spinning Sweep

Normal
A- Foward Headbutt
Upward A- Tail Whip
Foward A- Heel Kick
Down A- Tail Spin
Running A- Running Headbutt

Arial
A- Midair Spin
Up A- Tail Twirl
Down A- Electric Headbutt
Back A- Twirling Headbutt
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
5. Pichu vs. Pikachu
---- ---- ---- ----

Pichu's counterpart, Pikachu, has some advantages over Pichu, but not all of them.
Let's look at Pikachu's advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
Heavier
Faster
Some physical attacks do more damage
Up B damages people

Disadvantages
Weaker Forward Smash
Bigger, making him an easier target
Many of his electrical attacks are weaker than Pichu's

Now for Pichu.

Advantages:
Better electrical attacks
Agility goes farther
Better Forward Smash
Smaller target

Disadvantages
Damages himself with some attacks
Lighter
Some weaker physical attacks.

Now, in my opinion, I think Pichu is better, but they both have their
ups and downs, so it's completely up to the player's skill.

Continued on next post....

Formula

Smash Apprentice
---- ---- ---- ----
6. Strategies
---- ---- ---- ----

a. Classic Mode

First Match: Random 1v1 Match
A random character is chosen for you to fight.

Second Match: Team Battle
You are partnered up with a random character, and have to fight two other
characters.

Bonus 1: Break the Targets
Break all the targets within the time limit.

Match 3: Random 1v1 Match

Match 4: 3v1 Giant character
You are picked 2 partners to fight one Giant character.

Bonus 2: Snag the Trophies
Get all the trophies into the forcefield.

Match 5: Random 1v1 Match

Match 6: Random 1v1 Metal Character
A random metal character is chosen for you to fight.

Final Match: Master Hand
You fight the Master Hand. First off, I suggest you use many of your arial attacks, such as
Electric Twirl. When he starts shooting electric rays out, run over to Master Hand
and attack his wrist, ignoring the rays. Your shield is essential, seeing as you are
a very light character. Use it wisely, because you don't want to leave yourself vulnerable
to his powerful attacks.

b. Adventure Mode

Stage 1: Mushroom Kingdom
Run through the course, avoiding or destroying any Koopas, Paratroopas or
Goombas in the way. Pick up any trophies on the ground, and keep going. You will
get to a team of Yoshi's. Beat them, I suggest with Thunder, and move on. Pass the
finish line. Then, you will fight Mario and Peach. But if you had a 2 in the seconds place
when you completed Mushroom Kingdom (ie 04:3*2*:54), you will fight Luigi instead
of Mario.

Stage 2: Kongo Jungle
First, you fight two tiny DK's. This shouldn't be much of a problem. Then you fight
one Giant DK. This is easy, because when DK is hanging on a ledge, he's so big that Klap Traps,
the little alligators that are in the water, usually hit him, causing him to instantly fall.

Stage 3: Underground Maze
Not much I can help you with here, but the main objective is to find the Triforce.
Go through all the tunnels, avoiding any Re-Deads, Like-Likes or any other monsters,
and find it. If you run into a room with a Master Sword, you will have to fight
Link. After you find the Triforce, you must fight Zelda. She might transform into her
stronger form, Shiek, so watch out.

Stage 4: Brinstar Depths
You have to fight Samus on Brinstar Depths. Avoid the acid. When you beat her, it will say
"WARNING!" and you will have to go through a LOT of platforms to get to the top of the level.
At the top, there are usually trophies, so pick them up. If you want to get extra point. Wait
until the last second to jump onto the last platform, and you'll get an extra 3000 points. If
you don't make it in time (30 seconds), you lose a life stock.

Stage 5: Green Greens
Fight one normal Kirby. Simple. Then, (if you have all the characters), you will fight
26 Kirby's, all with different abilities. Even though there are 25 characters, there are
2 Kirby's with Captain Falcon's ability. Then, if you finished off Kirby and all the
little Kirby's fast enough, you'll fight one Giant Kirby.

Stage 6: Corneria
Fight Fox. Easy. Then, if you have Falco, you might fight him, or you might fight
Fox again. This time, Slippy, Peppy and Fox/Falco will be shooting at you and your opponent
like CRAZY, so avoid that.

Stage 7: Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon frenzy! There are many Pikachu's, Jigglypuff's and Pichu's here (no Mewtwo's).
Pokeballs fall down a LOT, so get them whenever you get the chance. Avoid any of their Pokeballs.

Stage 8: Grand Prix
The most simplest course in the game. Just run through a big racing track, jumping onto
the platforms every time the cars come. After that, you must fight Captain Falcon
on Mute City.

Stage 9: Icicle Mountain
Just jump up the mountain, avoiding Topi's and Polar Bears. If you find a Freezie,
grab it, because once you get to the top, you must fight two pairs of Ice Climbers. The
freezie will come in handy, so use it.

Stage 10: Battlefield
You fight 30 Wire Frames. I suggest you use Thunder and Running Headbutt
to do this. Also, Pichu's Upward Smash and Upward/Backward throws are good
here.

Final Stage: Final Destination
You fight a giant bowser. Being Pichu, this gives you a great advantage, because
it's hard for him to hit you. Beat him in any way you can. After you beat him, watch
Pichu do his victory dance, and jump up with joy.

But beware, if you beat this in less then 18 minutes, and was on Normal difficulty
or higher, then the HUGE Giga Bowser will be after you. He is a bigger, stronger, and
uglier version of Bowser. You cannot grab him. He is so big, that he probably won't hit you, but
if he does, it might do a lot of damage to you, so be careful.

c. All-Star Mode
All-Star Mode is only playable once you have all the characters. This is where you
fight every single character in the game, and carry the damage that you took in one
match to the next. There are no recovery items in the matches, however there are 3
Heart Containers in the little "world" that you are in between matches. Pichu is probably
the worst player to do this with, on the count of he loses health with some of his attacks.
But, if your experienced enough with him, you can get through it.

For the first four matches, you will be fighting 1 random opponent per match. Then, you will
do 5 2v1 matches, where your opponent is partnered with another random character. After that,
you will have 3v1 matches, where the opponent is allied with two random characters. After
all of that is done, you will fight Mr. Game and Watch. 30 of them. They are very light, however,
so knock them down with Thunder and your smashes/throws.
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
7. Combos
---- ---- ---- ----

If, by any chance, you don't know what a Combo is, it's a group of moves that
you hit an opponent with, causing them heavy damage, and in order for it
to be a combo, it can't let the opponent recover from the attacks. These
are very good in a tight spot.

1. Bounce Smash
Downward Throw to an Upward Smash
Requirements: Opponent to have average percentage.
Your opponent should be at a percentage in the 20's or higher
for this to work properly, because if they have low percentage, they
won't go up high when you throw them downward, giving you less
time to smash them.

2. Thunder Strike
Upward Smash > Thunder > Tail Twirl > Thunder
Requirements: Opponent to be at about 30-40%.
Does some heavy damage, good for a juggler (see General Tips section to see
what juggling means). A good annoyer, too.

More coming.
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
8. General Tips
---- ---- ---- ----

1. Edge-Guarding
If you just knocked your opponent off an edge, and they try to
recover, don't just stand there and watch them do it! Stand your
ground, and protect the edge. The "Spark" attack is VERY good for edge-guarding,
so use that.

2. "Crouch-Cancelling"
Let's say it's Pichu vs. Roy. Roy runs up to you, and is about to use his Up+B
on you. Are you going to let yourself fly up in a burst of flames? No. Crouch down.
You will go up hardly at all. Any attack that sends you upward, just crouch if you
can. You will notice a big difference if you crouch or if you don't.

3. Powershielding
A very difficult manuever, but if you can master it, it is very useful. This is like
Fox or Falco's reflector, only it can be used with every character. Let's say Samus
shoots a fully charged Charge Shot at you. Your at 200%. Press R or L all the way down
RIGHT when the Charge Shot makes contact. It should reflect back, if timed right.

4. Use Mixed Attacks
Don't just keep using your Spark attack over and over, use a variety of attacks
for different situations.

5. Juggling
Juggling is when you keep an opponent in the air by using attacks such as upward
Smash Atttacks and Up + A attacks. This can cause heavy damage, if the right moves
are used at the right time.

6. Faking the Opponent
Make the opponent think that you are going one way, but then immediatly switch
to the other. A good way to do this is by using Agility, and going left to right
(or vice versa).

7. "L-Cancelling"
If you were just hit by an attack, and you about to hit the ground, don't
take that time to compose yourself, press L or R as soon as you hit the ground,
and you will instantly recover. Probably the best tip out of all of these. Master
this skill, and it will help you. A lot. It also removes the time that
you need to compose yourself after an aerial attack.
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
9. Credits
---- ---- ---- ----

Me- For writing it.

Azen Zagenite- For being at my side while I wrote this guide. O_O

And everyone at Smashboards and PGamers.
---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ----
THE END
---- ---- ---- ----

*Fuse*

Smash Cadet
Um... maybe try to elaborate more on pichu's physical moves: describe knockback, speed of execution, recoveries, etc.

also you might want to describe pichu strategies, and NOT single player modes. If anything, that's the most useless aspect of any character guide, especially when you're just telling us what the levels ARE.

try to talk more about PICHU: which moves to abuse, which to avoid, how to utilize pichu's... small size and speed.

this could be a lot better, but nice try anyway :p

Formula

Smash Apprentice
Heh, this is my first guide, so I'll try harder in the future.

BTW, I know Pichu is the most underused character, thats why I wrote the guide on him, for people who DO use him, but don't have a guide for it.

Thanks for the suggestions and such.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
This wasn't that much of a Pichu guide. It was more of a terms guide, which most of us really don't need. What you think L-cancelling is, is really teching. L-cancelling is when you press L or R right after an arial A attack, and right before you hit the ground. This is more useful than teching (although both are really useful) and not too hard to master. It cuts the recovery time in half. Not a good guide, to be frank.

Formula

Smash Apprentice
ROFL, I know, this isn't like the other guides. This was actually going to go to GameFAQ's, thats why it's so much more...different.

BTW, Shmooguy, I didn't know it was called "teching". Sorry. =O

Eoraptor

Smash Apprentice
AHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm sick of people misrepresenting Pikachu in comparison to Pichu to actually make it seem like Pichu has useful advantages.

Pikachu's forward smash is NOT weaker than Pichu's. It's weaker at lower percentages, but stronger at higher percentages. So when your opponent is actually damaged enough to realistically kill, Pikachu's will be better.

Also, "many" of Pikachu's electrical attacks are NOT weaker than Pichu's. The ONLY attack Pikachu has that is weaker than Pichu's equivalent is the fully charged skull bash, but Pikachu's is stronger when charged an equivalent time. Besides that, all of Pikachu's attacks are stronger than or equal to Pichu's equivalents.

So Pichu's electrical attacks are for the most part worse.
His forward smash is less damaging and weaker once opponents are damaged enough to kill.
His forward aerial is equal to Pikachu's.
His down aerial is weaker.
His skull bash is weaker than Pikachu's when they are charged for the same time. You'll never get the chance to charge more than that against a good player anyway (well, maybe if they are in an ice block).
His thunderjolt is identical to Pikachu's.
His agility doesn't even hit opponents.
His thundershock is slightly more damaging close to the opponent, but not nearly as strong as Pikachu's. The bolt from thundershock is slightly more damaging than Pikachu's, but much weaker.
His forward throw is slightly weaker.

His agility actually goes the same distance, Pichu merely drifts forward a bit afterwards. Thus, he could recover slightly better if he was falling after using agility high above the arena.

The ONLY advantages that he has are-
- He's smaller, so is harder to hit.
- He can wall jump.
- The skull bash is stronger and more damaging, if you have three seconds to wait.
- The quick attack might get you a few feet more horizontal distance if you are above the platform and can drift over further towards it.
- The thundershock bolt is more damaging, as is the full thundershock attack, although they are much weaker.
- The thundershock hits opponents directly upward, so you don't have to be as skilled to follow it up with another attack.

And he has major disadvantages-
- Much lighter (and damages himself).
- Much less range.
- Up smash much weaker.
- Down smash lacks priority.
- Cannot semispike with up aerial.
- Thundershock bolt is much weaker.
So basically, he lacks Pikachu's three killing moves, dies quicker, has horrible defense, and has a harder time hitting them in the first place. There is a reason Pikachu is higher tier than Pichu.

See my post in this thread- http://www.smashboards.com/showthre...highlight=Eoraptor Pikachu Pichu&pagenumber=2
for more details.
Also check out LordLocke's good followup.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Pichu's Up Smash may be weaker, but it's not like it's anything to snuff at. It's kind of like saying, "that Pikachu up smash isn't so good because Fox has a better one."

The Down Smash lacks range, but I'd say its priority is pretty good.

I've found Pichu's Aerial Up A to be great for juggling and building up damage. It's so weak, yet quick that it's not hard to constantly keep the pressure on an opponent by using it.

Pichu also has a better roll, as it travels just a bit further than Pikachu's but recovers at the exact same moment.

What about items? They're supposed to be one of the bases of Pichu strategy. (I'm asking for opinions of Pichu's item usage, both getting them and using them).

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ummm....

Eoraptor, you've made it pretty obvious you're just standing up for your character and not giving solid proper reasons here.
Pichu has an awesome Up Smash and I don't know what you are talking about. His down smash is great priority and hits sideways on a downward angle making most characters susceptible to a forward smash (which is far more powerful) on edge guard. Also I'd like to add that his further knockback with his forward smash allows for time for the skull bash to be charged, even against a pro if you manage to get them with the forward smash. Pichus thunder is very useful and is every bit as useful as Pikas. And what kind of excuse is that about thunder going straight up so you dont have to be as skilled? Just fishing for excuses in that.
He has plenty of advantages, look back you even said so yourself (6 + points to 6 - points making them atleast equal). Why would Nintendo put him in the game if he was useless?

niccab

Smash Apprentice
pichu is a kamikaze character.
but if you want my opinion pichu hurts himself because a real master in the game wouldn't take that serously. if you didn't got what i think i'll explain it more easily: pichu hurts himself when he does attacks like thunder jolt. but if you master him you would make a risk to KO your opponent. pichu is very light so it's a challenge to fight with him without getting KnockOut.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
pichu has no real advantage and is really hard to use and win, cause hes so weak.

But it was meant to be that way so that people who want a difficult challenge, which is to fight well and win often with pichu have the
opportunity. Pichu has so much going against him, except his ability to dodge better that pikachu. however, after reading a little of this guide, im convinced that i should try the challange. You make him sound interesting Formula.

masters of pikachu can use him as a hanicap to even up matches with noobs or whoever.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
**** I need to get off my lazy butt and finish my Pichu guide.......>_<

Anyway I wouldn't say using Pichu is a handicap I use him just fine and he's my anti-Fox character. I just have an easier time against Fox with Pichu.....

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
well, doesnt the game say that he is good for handicap matches?

i think so. or maybe it was a guide in a store...

good job if you can play like a SmashElite with Pichu. would you say that it takes a lot of time and practice to learn him well, or that it wasnt really difficult?

why would u say that he is an anti-fox character?

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Well he suits me in every way.........

His Thunderbolt is a good edge guarder against a Fox with his falling speed.........

His down smash at medium damage is a good defensive move as it just flings him to the other side at a low angle best used near edge. Also seeing as Fox and Pichu are small fast characters and both mainly attack physically that helps out alot.

Up smash + Down throw is very hard to escape from for Fox because of that fast falling speed and Forward Smash is easier to connect as he doesn't get knocked away easily by the first hit.

Pichu's aerial back A and neutral aerial A are just evil since Fox is light but has fast falling speed it knocks him off his feet and majority of time he doesn't have time to tech unless he's a fast reflex guy. My fave start to the match is short jump plus neutral A he just recovers so quick you can run away and when they come after you use back aerial A.

Pichu's jumps own Fox and because Fox is a small character Pichu's rolls work perfectly against him since they're fast but have little range. That takes care of Fox's laser since Pichu can easily keep jumping to dodge and thats what pichu wants to do since his best start moves are aerial.

But I find that although he's good against Fox he gets killed by Falco simply because Falco is stronger and finds an easier time taking out Pichu with a few hits.

Although this doesn't mean to say he is an anti-Fox character he's only MY anti-Fox character

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Also remember that Pichu can duck under Fox's lasers, so Fox can't just stand there and peg Pichu.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
well thats nice and everything but, kirby can do it too, plus that factor does not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

ps: i just played him for a while, and i hate one thing about him over all: his range is nonexistant. however, i still like him, a little.
can anyone with experience in pichu give me coaching on how to approach enemies to attack them better?

also, someone once was talking about a combo where you throw them up, and you thunder them and stuff. theres too mouch time bettween the two moves, and i tried to go as fast as possible.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Hey, did you know Kirby can Up smash too?

Man, just because someone else has the same trait doesn't take away from the fact that Pichu has it anyway.

Eoraptor

Smash Apprentice
MEWTWOMASTER2002- No, Pichu only runs 97% as fast as Pikachu, and jumps/falls at the same speed.

Nobie- Pikachu has a BETTER up smash than Fox does. It does 1% more damage, kills Bowser at 8% less damage. Pichu's is worse than both, as it does 3-4% less damage than Pikachu's, and kills at 10-12% more damage.
Virtually no physical move has more priority than Pikachu's down smash. If someone is moving quickly toward you, trying to roll past you or falling on you, it will nearly always hit them (sucking them in whle it does such). Thus, it is one of the best defensive moves in the game. Pichu's is far worse, as it lacks this level of priority.
Pikachu's up aerial does the same amount of damage, is just as fast, and has greater range. It will also juggle opponents straight upward if you hit with the rear portion of it. Better yet, it can semispike, which is a great (if difficult) killing move. Pichu's can only hit opponents upward.
You're right that Pichu rolls further, about 6% further. So that's a seventh advantage.
I can't picture Pichu doing better than Pikachu with items, mainly because his light weight would get him killed by them sooner.

Cronos_Rainbow- Sigh.....
As "awesome" as Pichu's up smash may be, it's weaker, less damaging and has lesss range than Pikachu's, as described above.
The downsmash's priority is worse than Pikachu's. I'll bet most physical attacks would "ting" on it if timed correctly, while they would result in the attacker getting damaged if done against Pikachu's.
Edge guarding with Pichu's forward smash is a ludicrous thought. It's hard enough to edge guard with Pikachu's, which has one of the best forward smash ranges in the game, let alone Pichu's short excuse for one.
Yeah, you CAN charge the skull bash if your opponent is flying away, but no skilled opponent is going to stand in front of you unresponsively while you fly towards them. Pichu makes the obvious charging sound, flies at a predictable trajectoryt, and has horrible lag once he lands. This also wastes time that would better be spent trying to keep them airborne or pushed closer toward the edge.
Pichu's thundershock is nowhere near as useful as Pikachu's. The best use for Pikachu's is to kill opponents that you've sent upwards with an upsmash or up aerial. As Pichu's bolt is over twice as weak as Pikachu's, you'll have to get the opponent up to over twice the damage with Pichu to kill them, compared to Pikachu.
I don't see what "excuse" is involved with explaing the reason Pichu's thundershock trajectory could be advantageous.
Pichu's advantages are hardly comparable to those I listed for Pikachu. Yes, Nintendo did put Pichu in knowing he was crappy. The trophy even says such.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Pichus forward smash goes diagonally not up so how could you hope to keep them airborne? It would depend on the level. What makes pros easier to hit with Pikachus skull bash then? Do they feel sorry for you or even affreaid and get in its way? As for edge guarding with his forward smash you need to try it before you put it down, the sidestep dodge is used and then once the enemy is next to you they get sucked into it seeing as his head is part of the attack. Im not saying he is any better than Pikachu but at the same time im not saying he is far worse, and dont forget everything isnt measurable by simple stats, there are other factors also.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Re: well, doesnt the game say that he is good for handicap matches?

Originally posted by JayBee
good job if you can play like a SmashElite with Pichu. would you say that it takes a lot of time and practice to learn him well, or that it wasnt really difficult?why would u say that he is an anti-fox character?
I've been a big fan of Pichu ever since I decided to play more seriously with him. There are so many advantages playing with him, especially if you take the efforts of not get hit by others and yourself to other characters. A lot of my friends were "shocked" (pun intended) to the fact that I can play Pichu well, and would love to see how I progress with him. I know that this guide is fairly old but I would definitely like to see an update or two. Keep up the good work.

Inspired to play harder with Pichu,
MR. P.A. Awdbawl

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I don't know why the **** you guys are calling good players 'smash elites'. ****, I'm a smash elite.

Anyways, I used to play Pichu, and I've realized that if anyone plays Pichu in tournaments, they've already switched to Pikachu.

What's the biggest, baddest, abusable move Pichu has? His Neutral Air. Now the Nair is an awesome attack, that can toss your opponent from one side of the screen to the other. It's not easy to do, but you can. The move also has some great priority, and it's recovery time is non-existent with Lcanceling.

Pikachu has the SAME Nair. I dunnæ if they have the same priority, but with the way it knocks the opponent back, it's easy to pull off a downsmash right after a Nair with Pikachu.

Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE Pichu, and I think that he's the bomb diggity. It's just that for a competitive environment, he just doesn't have the options one needs to win. But, I still love beating people who aren't as good as myself with 'em ^^.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Not quite, Pichu and Pikachu's Neutral Air A are slightly different. The motion is the same but Pikachu's doesn't send the opponent anywhere as opposed to Pichu's. Still, Pichu is not a character to be underestimated.

With that said,
MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Top Bottom