• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Ganondorf videos...

Revven

FrankerZ
I compiled a playlist of all of my Ganondorf videos so far and there's quite a few you may actually want to watch. I don't know if anyone here will watch them, but if you do, it'd be nice if I got some feedback. And, yes, I already know the quality isn't the best.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2F344997B73BBC30

There's 16 videos in all (not a whole lot) and most of them spark amazing stuff (most recent stuff does anyway). Check them all out either out of boredom or check only the few good ones out. I don't care, watch them!

I'll add more (of course) as the days go on.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Don't really see anything special. You are above average but below 'good'

You need to be more mobile, stop relying on items, stop camping, use more specials, work on your aerial game, work on edge-guarding and go on the offensive more often.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Don't really see anything special. You are above average but below 'good'

You need to be more mobile, stop relying on items, stop camping, use more specials, work on your aerial game, work on edge-guarding and go on the offensive more often.
The matches I watched were no item matches, he said that the first one had items on accidentally. I don't think you need to go on the offensive more really because ganon is a defensive character and much more ground based this time around.

Try working in some auto-cancelled dairs and don't roll behind your enemy as much. It can get really predictable and they'll punish you for it. Besides that they were pretty good, keep it up.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he is ground based but not defensive. They kinda... gave him attacks that can cover a long way fast to catch people. That sorta makes up for his lack of speed in a sense. He has an awesome dash attack also. When are you going to use that? When chasing someone of course! He has monstrous power, so much so he can almost overpower everyone in the game. He has no projectile attack, so he needs to be on more of an offensive stance. His job is NOT waiting on the edge for people to accidentally roll into his smash attack, that is Ike's job. And Ike is waaay better at it than ganon.

I watched the first one and the last one on the page, they both have items. You can turn off items in random matches, there is a tab called items right next to the two minute sign.

Revven

FrankerZ
I watched the first one and the last one on the page, they both have items. You can turn off items in random matches, there is a tab called items right next to the two minute sign.
Well, you need to watch the ones without them then because I have items off all the time, it's my opponents who have them on, not me. Secondly, I do different things in other videos than I do in most. I even put another new one up today that's 1v1 no items, go check that out and see what you think then.

I don't think you need to go on the offensive more really because ganon is a defensive character and much more ground based this time around.

Try working in some auto-cancelled dairs and don't roll behind your enemy as much. It can get really predictable and they'll punish you for it. Besides that they were pretty good, keep it up.
Haha, what's funny is I know how to do the auto-cancelled dair but, I just can't seem to do it when I want to. I have the timing down but, I seem to always fastfall instinctively. And, the reason why I roll so much is because the people I face don't normally really pay attention to over predicting me. But, I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks for the tips. :)

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Saw your latest vid against kirby. Like I said, you are above average but not 'good'

Kirby was average

You had some lucky shots there and you have a lot of potential, you just need to work on your offense and speed. You can try more dash attacks. A trick is slamming the control stick like you are going to do a smash attack but pressing the C stick left, right, or down. You automatically do a dash attack.

Revven

FrankerZ
Saw your latest vid against kirby. Like I said, you are above average but not 'good'

Kirby was average

You had some lucky shots there and you have a lot of potential, you just need to work on your offense and speed. You can try more dash attacks. A trick is slamming the control stick like you are going to do a smash attack but pressing the C stick left, right, or down. You automatically do a dash attack.
Mm, I see... well, I don't really approach with the dash attack often because a lot of the people I face see it coming and either sidestep it, jump, roll, or shield grab. I guess I'm not nearly as good with Ganondorf as I originally thought... =\

Well, at least check this out. It's mostly lulz city and it's not recent at all, it's a few weeks old.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Your better than me, the vid doesn't do you justice.

Your ganon could use improvement though, its not nearly as good as your other characters

El Drago

Smash Cadet
I know it sux having someone who cant upload vids tell ya how to play but you need to work on your thunder storming, you dont do it very often and when you do it seems u cant follow thru much.

You overall performance seems great tho, a bit too much F air approaches IMO (i reserve that for KOs) and why are you trying to warlock punch kirby at 87% when you can do any smash, F air, D air, B air, F tilt or Down B to kill him?

Revven

FrankerZ
why are you trying to warlock punch kirby at 87% when you can do any smash, F air, D air, B air, F tilt or Down B to kill him?
Because I do it for the lulz. Getting a Warlock punch off at any given time on anyone is always funny, especially if it's in a combo too (see other videos). :p I don't always take every fight seriously, ya know? :laugh:

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
I would love to give you some props, but I just cant. The people you are playing against are, for lack of a better word, terrible (most notably the pit, g&w and wolf vids). You need to put some serious work in thunderstorming and tech chasing with forward b. Although, you are pretty solid at spiking spike kills, but that has even more to do with the competition.

If you want a mtach, send me a private message, or Im usually on wifi wars.

Top Bottom