• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My game randomly freezes at SSS (i use disable custom stages) please help?

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Ok guys, this is starting to annoy me. Actually i run it via homebrew channel using Gekco version 1.9.1

Actually i'm using alot of codes. But I noticed this problem when i had about 400 lines. I use BBrawl codes, custom CSS codes (just to put Samus\ZSS, Zelda and pokemon in individual slots, i dont use a custom CSS or SSS layout anymore), Stage expansion pack V4 codes, texture hacks and other few optional codes like colored shields etc. And i use quite a decent amount of custom portraits too using BBrawl version 0.63.

Sometimes when i'm playing after about 4-5 matches (i had luck enough to test all the stages and quit, one by one and the game didn't frozen, I have about 80 stages) the game freezes at CSS or SSS (mostly on SSS, i remember just twice on CSS) with a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep noise even before i pick a stage. If was to be a bad character texture, usually the game freezes AFTER a pick the stage when the character is about to appear on, and it happened with me quite a few times already, but now i know it.

I don't know what to do anymore, i thought i had solved it when i did:

Removed the BootMii stage hack in my folder private\wii\app\RSBE\st. And just for safety, i added the disable custom stages code too. Didn't help.

Removed a custom CSS and SSS layout: I removed both of them because the game usually frozen on it. I'm still using the CSS codes, and just removed the sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap and it still freezes.. I dont know if its a good thing to keep the codes though i might remove it..

activating BBrawl "DEBUG PAUSE" and "Frame advance codes": these are a bit annoyng codes that makes almost you lose the pause function. You can't quit the matches but it seems to help with laag issues. Before i activate it, sometimes i noticed some small laag when i started to pick repeteadly a character on CSS.. I found it suspicious, and for a desesperate effort i activated these codes. Now this laag it seems to be gone (in game laag sometimes appears usually on a hacked stage), but the game still randomly freezes at SSS..

So anybody can help me? I would sacrifice anything except the BBrawl and Classic expansion SSS v4 for solve this issue...:(

Oh and sorry my bad english

Top Bottom