• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Friend Thinks That Level 9's Get Better...

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
I CAN"T convince him that he is wrong, please help me. So tired of him saying that they get better the more he play's them. Like seriously, he thinks that his level 9's can beat M2K in Brawl. Please help me convince him so tired of his saying that level 9's are good :sadeyes:

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
They actually do change depending on how the player plays them.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Ummm how old are you 2? Just let the guy think what he wants lol..
I wouldn't mind letting him think that, but you see... he thinks they are good practice and wants to get into competitive. Now if he wasn't really into the competitive scene I wouldn't care, BUT the way he thinks they get better. He even says that they "Change the game" like he said recently that he saw a meta knight basically do the smash 4 mechanic of grabbing the ledge even though he had it. Obviously this is untrue. Or he thinks that they speed up (like they actually speed the game up, and sometimes become blurs on the screen). Usually, I don't care what people think, but this.... you don't know about some of the outrageous things he has said.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
They actually do change depending on how the player plays them.
I would like proof please lol. Not saying what you said is not true, but I have never heard of a Smash AI "Adapting" Like the trick on ness on that one stage where you do nothing and every time he kills himself.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Just realized my first post sounded dickish, prob should of not started this out this way lol. Sorry, made myself sound like an idiot.

EDIT: There, changed the original post.

Last edited:

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
Search up AI on Smashwiki. People have gone into the game and have found nothing that suggests that level 9s get better.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Your friend has mental issues.
Please help me :( Everyday at high school all I hear is how his level 9's are so good and it is driving me to the point of insanity. If you are reading this thread my friend I hope you see now. OK so... guys do we have any like... physical proof that I can show him in game? Other than you know... spam c stick fsmash and they just lose cuz level 9s suck.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
You're friend sounds like a freaking donut. They become faster, and can take ledge from you? Tell him to **** off.

D

Deleted member 268018

Please help me :( Everyday at high school all I hear is how his level 9's are so good and it is driving me to the point of insanity.
He's your friend, not mine. If he's getting Smash for the 3DS, I'll show HIM some Level 9 Adaption action ;)

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
My friend if you are looking here, please see the error of your ways. I hope this did not offend you buddy. We can still play Smash and me rek you in Ike dittos still :chuckle:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Oh an one other thing guys: How can we teach a person that a Wii mote is not good :chuckle: That is his other big issue. Of course I know lag and the c-stick and stuff but it won't convince him. Yet again buddy, just wanting to show you the error of your ways through really experienced people :D

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
Well, he can use the Wii mote if he wants to, but he wont be able to do many techniques with it. There's just not enough buttons (and c-stick and other stuff you mentioned) Plus the controller shape isn't great and efficient for Smash.

Edit: You can show him, if you use a different controller, what you can do that he cant. Show off. If you cant, show him videos of pros, since they usually use gamecube.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
You're friend sounds like a freaking donut. They become faster, and can take ledge from you? Tell him to **** off.
Might I ask what a donut is? (Not the food obviously). Also, about most things he his cool about, just the whole level 9 thing that I feel has gone on for long enough.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Well, he can use the Wii mote if he wants to, but he wont be able to do many techniques with it. There's just not enough buttons (and c-stick and other stuff you mentioned) Plus the controller shape isn't great and efficient for Smash.

Edit: You can show him, if you use a different controller, what you can do that he cant. Show off. If you cant, show him videos of pros, since they usually use gamecube.
Oh I remember the first time I went to a tournament that had a Brawl side event and I used a wii mote. XD Needless to say after that I was ONLY using the Gamecube controller for all Smash games XD

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
I used the Wiichuck for the majority of my Smash life, still was able to beat my friends in Brawl with it. I decided to switch to Gamecube once I picked up Project M, a little less than a year ago, since I couldn't do much without it. Im not confident enough to go to a tournament yet, but maybe soon.
Wait, I need to play Hyrule Warriors first. >.<
:GCCN: Is life, tell your friend that.

Pawsome!

All that and a Duck!
NNID
OxasOmi
3DS FC
3540-1430-6633
Take his DS, beat his bots. Then play him on the chuks against a controller.

Khao

Smash Lord
Oh an one other thing guys: How can we teach a person that a Wii mote is not good :chuckle: That is his other big issue. Of course I know lag and the c-stick and stuff but it won't convince him. Yet again buddy, just wanting to show you the error of your ways through really experienced people :D
Tell him to do an up tilt from a standing position, without performing any other action beforehand.

If that doesn't convince him, he's lost too deeply.

Top Bottom