• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My friend and I are working on a Smash Metronome, looking for suggestions/tips/frame data

smashMetro

Smash Rookie
As the title says, my friend and I are working on a Smash Metronome to help people improve skills like wavedashing, waveshining, etc. We consider this a hobby project to better our coding skills, and because we're ssbm enthusiasts that can't waveshine :-)

Link: www.smashmetronome.com

The website is in very early development, but we're looking for suggestions. As of now, the website has some basic functionalities, you can select a character, and a move, and it will play the metronome for that respective move. You can also change the delay between playbacks for that move to go either faster or slower.

Basically what we're looking for is ways to improve it! We're making this tool for the smash community, so we'd be glad to get some input from you guys. What are some other functionalities that would be handy to have? What's lacking? Etc.

We're also looking for framedata for specific moves, for example; waveshining, captain falcon gentlemen, anything basically. As of now we only have the wavedash framedata implemented.

As a disclaimer: We're not doing this for any financial gain. And my friend is still working on the design, so it'll look a bit better soon :-)

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hear some feedback!

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Interesting concept. I would love to see a count down for each beat/button press. Like for example; a wavedash every 3 seconds would be *Up+Lower-Diagonal shield*...3...2...1...repeat

artifice

Smash Ace
May end up helping someone with their tech-skill, but... I have a couple issues with this method.

The first being, attempting to always input moves at frame perfect timing. That is an issue because if some of the inputs are entered just 1 frame early - it will be a missed input (never registered by game as a new press), and if the window is just a single frame, well perhaps the player starts the sequence of buttons at the last millisecond before the game polled for inputs (1 millisecond later, and the input would be polled on the next frame), essentially making the success or failure of their sequence of actions RNG. As imputing with the margin of error as 1/1000th of a second is just not humanly possible to hit consistently. this type of situation is often the reason pros miss a quick-turn while dash-dancing (instead get the slower dash turn). The input for it is just slightly too harsh and the timing of the poll relative to the starting the input can make a difference.

See link for more info on dash-turning input issues: http://www.meleeitonme.com/back-dashes-smash-turns/

The second issue I have is just that the site needs to make it clear weather the actions (say the shine in during a waveshine) is hitting another player or not. For example: my go-to way of getting on the ledge as fox for edge guard is Dash->Shine->TurnAround->wavedashback->fastfall->(ledge-grab). The timing for wave-dashing out of a missed shine and one that hit an opponent is different.

Not a bad start tho - after-all I did learn the timing for falcon's gentlemen by listening to the we-will-rock-you song by Queen, as the beat matches up with the timing (tip came from a youtube video on the subject).

Top Bottom