• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first piano vid!!!~~

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Great job at the decrescendo around 20.
This is gonna sound crazy, but. . . .
You would benefit a lot if you became a one butt cheek player.
During music theory class, my teacher showed us a video of a conductor giving lessons to audience members, and there was a boy, and he said that he needed to be a one butt cheek player, and needed to flow with the music in order to get more expressive phrases, and the second he lifted the boy up a little off of one buttox, the music just flowed out of him.
Of course, I don't really mean life one butt off the seat :laugh: But I personally think you should do larger dynamic contrast.
Though at 14, you are doing really good. Keep it up.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
More or less, you mean that I need to kind of dance with the music, no? Not necessarily be a statue. That's what I get from that, and I always thought I'd look stupid doing that.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Try that **** in private first...then if it works...do it cause it wont look ******** if you play better. -high when i wrote this

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahaha, I guess it sounded like that, but the boy didn't really move at all. I'm not exactly sure what removing the butt cheek did for the boy, but somehow he became more focused on his phrases in the music and less on his fingers.

At first I thought it was just this song, but I watched some of your other videos, and maybe its because you are under stress because you are being recorded, but you put an accent on the beats, instead of letting the phrase roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imbwn6iVryQ
Do you hear how she lets the phrase roll into one another at the beginning, this is the sort of thing I am talking about. Its less of an accent and more of an impulse that you are putting on the notes. There isn't really much you can do about it actively, just be aware of it, and it will generally fade as you get better at your instrument. Or again, it could just be stress.

Another thing I was talking about was dynamic range. Your Forte should have grabbed my attention, and your pianissimo should have me almost straining to hear.
I play an instrument that struggles and works like hell to over come both of these things (tuba), so I guess they just stood out to me, since I've spent so much time getting past them.

Still though, for 14 years old, you are doing really nicely. Build that tech skill boy.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Lol @ Sandtru, I had forgotten about that. Lol I was high the other night, and my buddies recorded me playing that game where you get a knife and open your hands, and see if you can chop the knife in your hand, and I almost cut my finger off xD. Good times.

Top Bottom