• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first memories of Super Smash Bros.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=1479]My first memories of Super Smash Bros.[/drupal]

About nine years ago, at my grandmother`s house,
we got a NINTENDO 64!!!!!!!(Along with Ken Griffey Jr`s baseball and Superman 64)

My first memory of Super Smash was when two of my brothers
had a party and one of their friends brought Super Smash.
When I finally got a turn to try it out, someone said,"just press A and B as fast as you can!"

I didn`t do so well...

I can`t remember if it was then, before, or after, but sometime around that part of my life, I learned of
all the awesome games out there by going to my cousin`s/
Grandmother`s house. There was the first time I played
Goldeneye, Star Fox 64, and played Super Smash Bros. all
the time. About half my family and two of my cousins would
switch out who plays when you die-which isn`t very fair if you can`t get experience-and we would always play Temple or Sector Z.
My brother`s friend called him one day on the phone,
he had learned how to roll! I could`nt believe I didn`t know how to before!
A few months later, a different friend
(everyone except my family HAD Super Smash
) Brought the game, and we had fun.

One one day of playing, my friend threw a mine on the ground and said to my four year old brother"look there`s a quarter!" (my brother collected quarters)and he walked up to the mine, and blew up...
I don`t think he played much after that.

I loved that game,

One day at my cousin`s, I was fighting alone on Cassic,
and I heard my Cousins talking, one said to the other something about how hard lv. 9`s are, and I said
I could beat a lv. 9, (and I really could then, and that made me happy
) But they said yeah right and walked away,
then I was determined to be the best Super Smash player I knew.

Eventually the Gamecube and Super Smash Melee came out and we got them both on the same day. And to this day I have loved Super Smash

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
LOL, that quarter story was funny. I remember when Melee first came out, and the first things I noticed were hitting the screen instead of falling in front of it and how much cooler the fire flower and Charizard looked.

finalark

SNORLAX
About nine years ago, at my grandmother`s house,
we got a NINTENDO 64!!!!!!!(Along with Ken Griffey Jr`s baseball and Superman 64)
I lol'd at this.

I remember the first time I played Smash 64, Pikachu (me) VS. Link. I got my *** handed to me.

Neat story, good read.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All I remember is how I was trying so hard to find out how to unlock all the characters, I kind of considered that beating the game.

Never did unlock Ness before I gave Smash 64 to one of my cousins in Cuba.

Big mistake, now I feel like playing it again just because of nostalgia (And because I still want to get Ness) :(

Top Bottom