• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first Competitive Team

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I've always been into watching competitive pokemon and never really played it. This is my first shot at a team. I'm more into UU than OU but I'll still use them.

Rankurusu - Magic guard / Item - Light clay

Bold 252 EVs HP / 172 EVs Defense / 80 EVs Special Attack

Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Recover

A Lead Rankurusu to Set up screens and recover off the damage in case it can set up screens again to help with late game sweep set ups.

Aianto – Hustle / Item - Life Orb

Jolly 252 Evs Attack / 252 EVs Speed / 4 EVs HP

Claw Sharpen
Iron Head
Rock Slide
Baton Pass

Claw sharpens up to raise it's hustled attack even higher and bring up it's accuracy again, Iron head for STAB and flinching with Rock slide to help with fire types and get flinches as well. If it faces a pokemon it can't do much too then it can Baton pass it's stat ups to another.

Nattorei - Steel Thorns / Item - Leftovers

Relaxed 252 EVs HP / 252 EVs Defense / 4 EVs Attack

Toxic
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed
Spikes

A support/wall that stalls and sets up for the rest of my team. Not my main use for Baton passing too but getting an attack boost for gyro ball, and accuracy boost for Toxic and Leech Seed is pretty cool.

Arcanine – Flash Fire / Item - Pressure band

Adamant 252 EVs Attack / 252 EVs Speed / 4 EVs HP

Flare Blitz
Nitro Charge
Close Combat
Extremespeed

One of my Pokemon best fit to be Baton passed from Aianto. He can take fire moves with his Flash Fire meant to hit Aianto and power up his Nitro Charge and Flare Blitz. Using nitro charge after adamant nature, +1 attack, and flash fire really helps him set up his speed and capability to sweep.

Voltolos – Michievous Heart / Item - Wise Glasses

Naive 252 EVs Speed / 252 EVs Special Attack / 4 EVs Attack

Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
U-turn
Grass knot

Michievous heart Thunder wave as my first move or as a death fodder move was too good to pass up for my team. STAB on thunderbolt and grass knot to hit grounds and rocks. U-turn is meant to hit grass types that resists my other attacks and switch to something like Nattorei or Aianto to set up again. That good attack stat can still hurt grasses with no EV investment. Not sure If I want to use Wise Glasses or not since I don't have an item if item clause is being used.

Goruggu – Iron fist / Item - Bullseye

Jolly 252 EVs Attack / 236 EVs Speed / 20 EVs HP

Shadow Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Rock Polish

Just enough speed EVs to outspeed neutral nature base 100 scarfers after rock polish. My second main choice to baton pass those claw sharpens too. Bullseye to hit Pokemon that would usually dodge those attacks.

I'd appreciate some feedback on this team and how I can make improvements. Thanks guys.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Other than being brutally ***** by Scarf Shandera, and under some pressure, Doryuuzu in sand, and having a few issues dealing with Burunttorei.

I just named the biggest three threats in the current metagame.

I'll just leave it as that for a moment, I'm doing something and don't have the current time on me to write a full review. I'll edit later tonight or make a new post or whatever when I have the time.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm pretty sure this team is meant to be used under WiFi, Ulti. So no Scarf Shandera threat.

All you had to do is look at the lack of No Guard on Goruugu to figure that one out.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It is his first team.

You just don't know, he might not know better.

I guess we DO need that cleared up though.

Top Bottom