• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my falco and fox prob

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
:mad: grrr, for some reason, i find it particularly frusterating, trying to switch back and forth to my fox and my falco, its sooooo freaking hard to play the 2, and have them coexist, my SH with fox gets sloppy where as sometimes with falco i dont jump at all! which is even stupider, IDK WHY i just can't get in the proper mindset as to who i am playing with, my falco wave dash is wayy off also... HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:psycho:

A-Laon

Smash Master
The two are largely similar yet differ in simple timings (wavedash, short hop, etc.) hence I too have noticed that switching between them immediately can upset the programmed timing of your fingers to perform similar actions. Just takes a lot of familiarity with both characters to have them co-exist without such issues switching between them.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
so i should just play 1 match and switch, until i can get my mind to switch over w/o any practice, because normally if i have one match to practice, 2 tops i can be fine, i just need to get used to dair to l cancel times, as fox's drill is completely different then a pillar...

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
trust me dude, every falco player who also plays fox, and vice versa has the SAME PROBLEM except maybe a few. just get used to it. switch back and forth between them a lot and try to think differently when you're using a different character.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
but they both soo cooooool....and sometimes diff character matchups, they counter diff ppl better ya know, no way im going to choose just one critter

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yes they are quite similar, but you have to remember that they are two different characters. Try your best to separate them in your mind. Get used to the timing for both characters. I played Falco for a while, like a few weeks or a month, then I started to work on Fox. It's a lot easier to isolate your play time with both characters. The only part that can be difficult is adjusting to new timing for the other space animal.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I never thought switching was hard, I constantly switch from Falco to Fox in tourneys on bigger levels or levels with lower ceilings,it's not very hard to switch.

Top Bottom