• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Falco (2 falco vs lucario vids)

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm from teh Candian eh scene, I play with Percon, Jl, WolfBlade, Niko_K, Millar, Ambrose, Minus etc if you've ever heard of any of them. This video is slightly outdated, my play style is different now but kinda similar. I try not to imitate people, and play with whatever style works best for me.

This is me vs wolfblade (lucario)

Robs lucario is very tricky, he moves around and rolls a lot, and if we seem like we're doing weird things, we play each other lots.

(2 matches in this one vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTAtJV6Vs4

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Well the obvious things I'll point out is you play a very aggressive Falco.

In order to place well in bigger tourneys you're going to want to change up your habits.

-You DI'd towards him a lot. Someone able to read this would punish you a lot.
-Try to get better use out of your jab+tilts. You used smashes pretty frequently which is good when they hit but they have more lag and are harder to followup
-use your lasers more
-Practice some ATs such as the DLX and SHDL. The mere ability to perform them will improve your game lots.
-I find that Upsmash is a better Kill move and works just as well out of spotdodge/sheild as Dsmash against tall characters.

Any questions feel free to ask

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
Lol, yeah never use reflector while falling so low to the map like that.

Perhaps the most important thing I found, besides what's mentioned above, is that you have to remember that dair is not Falco's only aerial. Nair is a great approach and pursuit attack if they're in the air. Bair is one of Falco's best moves. Very safe, long *** hitbox, if it had more range it'd be kind of broken.

Remember all of your tilts. U-tilt has a deceitful range. It works on both sides of Falco, and can hit well through platforms. Auto-cancelled nair to u-tilt is always.

So yeah, my biggest advice is don't neglect Falco's moveset.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
Well the obvious things I'll point out is you play a very aggressive Falco.

In order to place well in bigger tourneys you're going to want to change up your habits.

-You DI'd towards him a lot. Someone able to read this would punish you a lot.
-Try to get better use out of your jab+tilts. You used smashes pretty frequently which is good when they hit but they have more lag and are harder to followup
-use your lasers more
-Practice some ATs such as the DLX and SHDL. The mere ability to perform them will improve your game lots.
-I find that Upsmash is a better Kill move and works just as well out of spotdodge/sheild as Dsmash against tall characters.

Any questions feel free to ask

Haha, thanks for the tips (both of you), but just about everything there (and more) are already incorperated into my new gameplay, these videos are pretty outdated.

I'll try and get my new videos up soon xD

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
No offense to you but thats why I dislike these "RATE MEH!" topics.

Its amazing how often people say, "These are old videos"
and then when people give them advice, "Well I already do that now, those vids were old!"

Sigh.

What exactly were you looking to hear? "You're amazing and don't need help!"?

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
You're amazing and don't need help!

Get some recent vids up.

Top Bottom