• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My edgeguarding demo vid

Browny

Smash Hater
Hi all... im new here ^_^

(btw i know i posted this before, but once SWF went down today my post dissapeared, i have no idea how long it lasted)

After reading those highly opinionated tier lists in the tactical discussion thread with sonic put at bottom for 'no KO potential' i felt the need to do some searching of my own for ways for sonic to kill people, at low % using what i believe is his greatest strength, his edgeguarding ability. So i made a video showing some ways i try to use sonic vs certain characters, and some combos which are quite frankly OHKO versus certain characters (like marth and luigi)

its all vs lvl 9 CPU since its very difficult to pull this stuff off online since im in australia and wifi lag is just enough to make this difficult. its probably nothing new but i hope some new players can learn a lot from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4NFVTpPKFQ

Its not a skill video of any sort, im only a casual player who got brawl last week so dont expect much in terms of ownage, but i think my video highlights some powerful hidden sonic potential. Timing of the invincibility frames on the edgegrab is very important, and probably risky but if someone can master that... **** sonic will own some tourneys :O

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
That might actually work on some players but once you do it once their just airdodge the next time knowing what your trying to do to them. (and seeing this video)

Good stuff tho.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I'd appreciate it if you tried a few more videos against Snake...since his recovery is just as good as Sonic's, and I doubt a human player would have fallen like that. Also, Ike would have Side+B as a recovery, not just his Aether.

I second the "Do this against humans" part, but other than that I liked this video a lot.

Top Bottom