• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My brother says Falcon "sucks". Help me disprove him.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Ok, so here's the deal. My two big brothers and I have always been huge Smash fans, but I'm alot more interested than them now. (They're not on Smash Boards, they don't follow leaks, POTD etc), but still very interested. And even though I've studied advanced teqniques and watch tourneys, etc. (which they don't), they're still better than me most of the time. (That really bugs me).

But one of my brother's mains in Falcon. Even though they both are actually very smart, in arguments etc. they often complain abit on Smash. "How could you hit me when I was behind you?" "I was rolling, how can you hit me?!" stuff like that. So you can tell that they're not into how the game is build it, with hitboxes, etc. But one thing one of my brothers complain about, is that Falcon is SLOW. I keep telling him that his running speed and alot of his attacks are faster than Ganon's, but he disagrees. And eventually, I can understand what he means. What he basically means is:

Falcon's tilts are about the same speed as Ganon's, his side and down tilt even feels slower, and of course, Dorfy is a monster in power compared to Falcon. That is my brother's main complain. He also says that Falcon's and Ganon's areals have equal speed, and Ganon is alot more powerful. I kinda agree, actually. So all in all, he says Ganon has the same speed on most of his attacks as Falcon, only that Ganon is heck more powerful, and that Falcon's attacks are so slow and weak compared to other fighters.... -.- So he often concludes with him being the worst fighter in the game, because of slow and weak tilts, that Ganon is exactly the same as Falcon with only slower mobility and heck more powerful. I kinda agree there: Ganon's tilts in PM are fast. Side tilt, down tilt, jab. Same with areals.

So I'm kinda annoyed with his complaining - no matter what I say, he still says against me with the points listed above. I thought that if he heard arguments from other Smash fans, with more experience and knowledge than me, I could disprove him. So.... does anybody have comments for his arguments?

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Ok, so here's the deal. My two big brothers and I have always been huge Smash fans, but I'm alot more interested than them now. (They're not on Smash Boards, they don't follow leaks, POTD etc), but still very interested. And even though I've studied advanced teqniques and watch tourneys, etc. (which they don't), they're still better than me most of the time. (That really bugs me).

But one of my brother's mains in Falcon. Even though they both are actually very smart, in arguments etc. they often complain abit on Smash. "How could you hit me when I was behind you?" "I was rolling, how can you hit me?!" stuff like that. So you can tell that they're not into how the game is build it, with hitboxes, etc. But one thing one of my brothers complain about, is that Falcon is SLOW. I keep telling him that his running speed and alot of his attacks are faster than Ganon's, but he disagrees. And eventually, I can understand what he means. What he basically means is:

Falcon's tilts are about the same speed as Ganon's, his side and down tilt even feels slower, and of course, Dorfy is a monster in power compared to Falcon. That is my brother's main complain. He also says that Falcon's and Ganon's areals have equal speed, and Ganon is alot more powerful. I kinda agree, actually. So all in all, he says Ganon has the same speed on most of his attacks as Falcon, only that Ganon is heck more powerful, and that Falcon's attacks are so slow and weak compared to other fighters.... -.- So he often concludes with him being the worst fighter in the game, because of slow and weak tilts, that Ganon is exactly the same as Falcon with only slower mobility and heck more powerful. I kinda agree there: Ganon's tilts in PM are fast. Side tilt, down tilt, jab. Same with areals.

So I'm kinda annoyed with his complaining - no matter what I say, he still says against me with the points listed above. I thought that if he heard arguments from other Smash fans, with more experience and knowledge than me, I could disprove him. So.... does anybody have comments for his arguments?
Show him videos of me playing, I showcase what PM Falcon is capable of better than anyone else after all. Here are a few.
Me vs Stingers Charizard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hswRfue3OI
Me vs MVD's Snake/Mario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHNHAL3G_Tc

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
If you're relying on Falcon's ground game, you're doing it wrong.

Just some points for you (I play Falcon a lot):
  • Falcon's airs are all pretty fast and have good priority
  • His combo game is great, and the early kill %s of the Knee of Justice compliment this
  • He has great kill power, even without the knee
  • I believe he had the fastest run speed in Melee, but correct me if I'm wrong
  • Best taunts in the game
EDIT: As suggested above, show them a few videos of Falcon

Last edited:

ofna01

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1134-9609-8501
As someone who uses Ganon about as much as C.Falcon, they are completely different.
Ganon is mainly about getting huge damage in a few hits, while falcon is mainly built for comboing.
AERIALS are where C. Falcon is great, not on the ground.
On the opposite, Ganon is really good on the ground but struggles in the air (Dair is the exception, of course.)

Show him some videos, maybe pick up some falcon and prove him wrong.

Edit: Grammar and spelling.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
If you're relying on Falcon's ground game, you're doing it wrong.

Just some points for you (I play Falcon a lot):
  • Falcon's airs are all pretty fast and have good priority
  • His combo game is great, and the early kill %s of the Knee of Justice compliment this
  • He has great kill power, even without the knee
  • I believe he had the fastest run speed in Melee, but correct me if I'm wrong
  • Best taunts in the game
EDIT: As suggested above, show them a few videos of Falcon
Good points.........and that gif in your signature.... it has to be the meaning of life...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
The best way to prove your point is to SHFF Nair into grab into UpAir or do any of Falcon's really good combo game that he can convert into off of solid hits and good mobility. Alternatively yeah the bullet points above basically point out why he's good, he's a combo machine for the most part and has solid setups into the Knee that are fairly reliable if you make good decisions.

In this game however he's definitely mid tier due to how different this is from Melee overall but he's still very effective.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
That's Falcon's standard tilt game, you need to show them the Fancy things :

• Insane Uair combos
• Grab Combos
• Stomp into Falcon Punch
• MOONWALK
• Taunt Cancel
• Raptor Boost into Uair strings which you will end in Fair
• The Sacred Combo
• His insane Nair approach

You need to dig for some stuff in the Melee Boards as the PM Boards is almost hopeless when it comes to wanting to improve.

asd_

Smash Cadet
the problem with falcon is that he requires so much effort to be on par with the majority of the cast..at the end of the day, compared to the buffmonstrous pm cast, falcon lacks options in the neutral and has probably the worst recovery in the game

sure, he still has insane combo potential, priority in the air, and high kill potential...but so does the majority of the pm cast now too, with more tools at their disposal

i'd love to see a 64 upsmash return and some speed on ftilt so he can combo with them decently

Last edited:
Top Bottom