• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My 6 potential picks for alternate costumes in SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
I write for an entertainment news/blog and I'm in charge of speculation on the character rosters for SSB4 and today I did a piece on potential characters who might make the cut as alternative costumes. I'm curious what you all think.

My list:
  • Megaman Zero
  • Daisy
  • Dark Pit
  • Another Star Fox pilot
  • May
  • A veteran (Pichu, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Lucas, etc.)
I always love getting feedback from you all, so I'm curious what you think.

Source: List O’ Games: 6 potential alternate costumes in Super Smash Bros. 4

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only ones from that list I can see happening are Dr. Mario, Daisy and Dark Pit.

And please, Lucas should not be demoted to an alt. It's extremely insulting for a character, especially because he's hardly a clone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I started a similar topic a while back.

As for your choices,
* (Supressing Fan Boy rage in that he's Zero, not Megaman Zero) Which Zero? The one from the X series or the one from Megaman Zero. Either way I see him as assist trophy material and X as the alt costume.
* Daisy is pretty much a given
* Dark Pit started out as an alt color and he's no that drastically different so I don't think he would get a costume unless it changes his voice too.
* I'd say no. Slippy is both much shorter and has potential for a vastly different moveset. And less said about people raging over Krystal being made an alt costume the better.
* A customisable trainer (i.e. being able to chose which one you want commanding them) would be pretty cool.
* A young link costume for Toon Link would be cool but otherwise no. (though personally, a Roy alt would be cooler than a Lucina alt for Marth.)

Nado

Smash Cadet
If Lucina somehow doesn't make the roster then shed be an easy costume for marth. Or if somehow marth gets cut he would be an easy costume for Lucina. Female Villager wouldn't be that hard. Dark Samus is obvious. Some pikmin captains are easy possibilities too as they are similarly shaped just with different hair colors. Thats all I could think of off the top of my head.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
>Mega Man Zero
They share nothing similar.
at all

Roll will always be my favorite potential Mega Man alt.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) Dry Bowser
2) Leaf
3) Protoman
4) Kaptain K Rool (Assuming K Rool gets in)
5)...I dunno

Blood Falcon, Shadow Link, Daisy, and Dark Pit will, of course, return as alternate costume/colors

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
The only ones from that list I can see happening are Dr. Mario, Daisy and Dark Pit.

And please, Lucas should not be demoted to an alt. It's extremely insulting for a character, especially because he's hardly a clone.
Oh yeah, to be clear, I am in no way advocating for any of these characters to be demoted to an alt. I personally think that it's lame anytime a character is removed from a roster...I feel like once a character is added, they should stay. You don't build a successful franchise by taking away characters people are used to using.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I doubt that full on character costumes will appear but I am sure like before references will appear to other characters in a semi costume (Since they think it takes away from each characters uniqueness.) That being said I think the previous 'costumes' will return plus a few more for newcomers to references other characters in game.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
I doubt that full on character costumes will appear but I am sure like before references will appear to other characters in a semi costume (Since they think it takes away from each characters uniqueness.) That being said I think the previous 'costumes' will return plus a few more for newcomers to references other characters in game.
I feel like this might be a way to expand the character roster while getting around the problem of development taking too much time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't really see Zero as an alt for Megaman. Not even if Megaman X was the playable Megaman in Smash 4. He's just too different of a character, especially in terms of abilities. I suppose that Megaman EXE. would make a good Megaman alt costume. Though I do agree that Daisy and Dr. Mario would make good alt costumes. Pit could get that fancy armor in KI Uprising, and Donkey Kong's alt could be Funky Kong.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I feel like this might be a way to expand the character roster while getting around the problem of development taking too much time.
Yeah it would but it does take away some of the uniqueness to each character and Clones don't take that much longer in some cases, buffs the roster, adds a bit more variation, and doesn't insult any characters. Now characters that don't really deserve spots in the larger picture like daisy/dark link/pit/samus etc I see as easy costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom