• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My 2DS bricked out last night.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Late last night, I was playing Pokémon Sun on my 2DS. I was in the midst of finding and catching a Misdreavus when my 2DS froze in the midst of loading from a soft reset. To my relief, all of the data was unharmed from the bricking.

With no way of accessing the battery without a certain screwdriver, I was forced to let the battery drain out to shut off the console before I could recharge it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Late last night, I was playing Pokémon Sun on my 2DS. I was in the midst of finding and catching a Misdreavus when my 2DS froze in the midst of loading from a soft reset. To my relief, all of the data was unharmed from the bricking.

With no way of accessing the battery without a certain screwdriver, I was forced to let the battery drain out to shut off the console before I could recharge it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
How does one NOT have a little Phillips screwdriver? Besides, if you own the original 3ds, you could just swap that and the 2ds battery and it would be fine. As for me, I had no problems with the 2ds until i put it in my pocket and sat down hearing a crack, and then not seeing the screen anymore. And the part with having the battery drain before you could charge it, if that happens a lot to be the only time to charge, you might as well check on your 2ds buddy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom