• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MvC2: The Captain Falcon Team

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=1102]MvC2: The Captain Falcon Team[/drupal]

MvC2 = Marvel vs. Capcom 2

If you needed the above definition, you may not know much else about the game, but it's basically a simultaneous 3 on 3 fighting game featuring characters from both Marvel and Capcom fighting game universes. It's spastic, it's flashy, it's button-mashy.

My friends and I never played uber-competitively. We completely ignored tiers and played who we wanted to play without regards to team strategy or anything, but we could air combo and DHC and all that good stuff.

One of my friends stayed firmly on the Marvel side, while my other friend would never stray from Capcom. Me, I chose my characters in a different perspective. I created teams based on theme. For example:

M. Bison, B.B. Hood, and Sabretooth = Evil Grin Team

M. Bison, Thanos, and Dr. Doom = Big Balls Team (all of them have Supers that involve big balls of energy)

Ryu, The Hulk, and Sentinel = Simple Team (their purpose in life can be described in a single word. Ryu = Fight/Win, The Hulk = Smash, Sentinel = Destroy [Mutants])

Cammy, B.B. Hood, Tron Bonne = PsychoBtch Team

Shuma Gorath, Rogue, and Anakaris = Restraining Order Team

And so on. Later on, it occured to me that Jin (Cyberbots) had an awful lot in common with Captain Falcon. They are both pilots of futuristic mechanical craft (which are used in their more powerful attacks), they both fight hand-to-hand, they both are VERY vocal when fighting, and they both have the ability to emit flame from their limbs at times.

I started to obsess over creating a Captain Falcon team, and here are my results. I organized the characters into groups according to HOW relevant the character is to Falcon and in what WAY they are relevant to Falcon.

Jin = Reasons stated above.

Dan = I know what you're thinking. Dan? The crappy Shoto? The deliberate joke character? Let me explain: Dan's most powerful super is called the Otoko Michi. What he does in it is lunge forward and grab the opponent. After holding on to them for about a second, he screams at the top of his lungs as he explodes. This puts Dan down to 1 pixel of life while dealing the most damage out of any super in MvC2. Not only that, "Otoko Michi" translates to "Way of Man". Plus, he's the most enthusiastic taunter of the Capcom side.

Ken = Shoryuken, Shoryureppa, and Shinryuken all heavily feature flaming punches (more specifically, uppercuts). The Shoryukens act more like Raptor Boosts, if anything.

Captain Commando = He is a Captain with flaming punches and kicks. Not only that, he's the kind of guy who will pose immediately after finishing a super (Captain Storm) which is very Captain Falcon-like.

Captain America = Also a Captain with some similarities in costume, but more so his taunts and win poses.

Bison = Compare Bison's classic costume with the Blood Falcon costume. Same colors. Shoulder pads. Shin guards. Their appearance is similar and they both have a penchant for hurling themselves at the enemy while dousing themselves in lethal energy.

Ryu = Ryu may not have flaming Shoryukens, but he does have in his arsenal the Shin Shoryuken, the most devastating punch-based super in the game. Not only that, the sheer difficulty, satisfaction, and brutality involved in landing this super is on par with the Falcon Punch.

Guile = Guile is also a pilot, but the main reason he is on this list isn't that, nor is it because he has a similar appearance or array of attacks (he doesn't). No, the main reason Guile is on this list of potential Captain Falcon team members is because he is the only character in MvC2 who comes close to the manliness of Captain Falcon.

There may have been more, and if there are then I will add them as I remember them.

But if any of you out there play both Smash and MvC2 AND want to pay tribute to Captain Falcon, consider using a team made up of some of these characters.

Feel free to make any suggestions about the roster if you'd like.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Actually any team with Zangief on it is called Team Balls. I'm not making this up lol.

Anyways, I was hoping for Nintendo vs Capcom haha.
mindgames?
C. Falcon would be too good in that game. Expansion Assist (Falcon Kick) please :) (Not really he'd get ***** for doing that assist lol.)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Lol team Balls? Sounds about right. Didn't know about that, thanks.

Captain Falcon could use Falcon Dive as an Air Throw assist, which are always fun to juggle off of. And doesn't Raptor Dive just scream Launcher Type but with an initial dash forwards?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea but the thing is he'd leave himself wide open for a rushdown if it misses. I'd rather use MK's Anti Air (Shuttle Loop) or Expansion (Mach Tornado) type :p

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
How would MK's Tornado Assist be any different from Jin's Cyclone?

Having both King Dedede and Jill on the same team would be total pwnage as you can just unleash a swarm of helpers probably.

For that matter, how would Olimar play?

If we keep this up, we're going to end up discussing possible supers for Smash characters other than the Final Smashes, aren't we....

Geist

Smash Master
Guile = Guile is also a pilot, but the main reason he is on this list isn't that, nor is it because he has a similar appearance or array of attacks (he doesn't). No, the main reason Guile is on this list of potential Captain Falcon team members is because he is the only character in MvC2 who comes close to the manliness of Captain Falcon.
This .

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Captain America and Captain Commando added to list. It might not show on the blog because I always get validation errors when I try to publish. Just view the full thread.

MOAR EDIT: Dan has been added. You want an explanation? Read the full thread.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I definitely play the Team Captains in MvC1...

but no one plays that game anymore, do they...

Edit: Jin has two Falcon Punches (standing HP and crouching HP), a Raptor Boost (standing MP), and a Giant Metal Falcon Punch. BLODIA!!!!

Edit 2: He also has a Falcon Kick (standing HK, crouching HK, down+HK in the air), and Falcon's nair (standing MK, jumping HK). Wow... Jin is more awesome than I originally thought (he was always awesome, but this takes it to a new level).

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
MYM5-related and therefore warrants a double-post

I was hoping for a vote on the top three characters to base a team around that would form the essence of Captain Falcon better than any other combination of characters.

I'd like to make an MvC2 Essence of Falcon Trio moveset for MYM5. Any sort of feedback on who should make it in would be appreciated.

Top Bottom