• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Must use DeDeDe...

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
The place I currently reside at is Coral Springs,
I use him alot but want to get better with him in general, i tend to kill myself alot with him when recovering with up B and misjudging space or just going straight down to my death. Any tips in general would be helpful, mostly on how to keep up with the faster characters.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
you should learn to predict where he will land, and PLEASE if you want to take my advice....
USE, ALL, YOUR, JUMPS...before you use UpB, unless you gain a strategic advantage.

+ use ALOT of aerials, inbetween jumps, you should feel comfort floating off the stage edgeguarding

dan smith

Smash Champion
Push down while falling with D3's up B to cancel the move into an edge grab. Best way to avoid the lag of the move.

Also, I often fight people who're going to try and jump off stage to edge guard me, once somebody jumps off stage, that's a good time to use the up B, they won't really be able to get back to the stage to abuse your lag with a smash. You might also spike them with the move when they are trying to recover...although...can't say it's every really worked for me.

His up B is a tricky move, probably his biggest problem as a character, work around it, get good at the awkward spacing. Good luck!!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
dan smith had some pretty good advice. just train with him. im new to D3 and it took a while to know how to use his up+b perfectly. press down to cancel the move so u can grab the ledge.

you also have 4 jumps and all his arials are good. dont use the f smash unless... ya know

Top Bottom