• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music and Camera don't work properly

Ander

Smash Cadet
Good evening.

Let's start clarifying that I have a 4.3 Homebrew PAL Wii. So, in order to play PM, I had to burn NTSC Brawl (I have both the 4.7GB and the 8.5GB "versions". I assume the former just cancels Subspace Emissary videos).

This thread will be short. First of all, I can't boot it up from the Homebrew channel. After pressing Play, the disc stops spinning and the system goes back to the Home Menu.

So I have to use NeoGamma every time (by turning Ocarina VBI On). Then Project M works properly, but sometimes:
1) The music isn't the one of PM, it is instead a velocized one of the Brawl main menu. Also, other custom musics don't work, they are all replaced with the glitchy original ones. This doesn't ruin anything else, but is VERY annoying, expecially because I'm having my Wii lent for a tournament. Buggy music would not be good.
2) The Camera doesn't zoom indefinitely, and it happens EVERY TIME. I can zoom only for a bit, then the screen shakes and then turns black. Also, I can't move endlessly to the sides, at a certain point it stops. Again, this doesn't modify gameplay, but I was disappointed because I wanted to search all Easter Eggs. Pressing Start again makes the match continue normally.

All of this is not a problem, Project M works properly, and so all the stuff. I am just upset about this two things, that irritate me A LOT. How can they be fixed? Do I maybe need an original Brawl NTSC disc?

Thanks!

P.s.: The SD card is an original 2GB one (not SDHC), and defragging it doesn't solve anything. If this may help...

Last edited:

Ander

Smash Cadet
Wow, thanks a lot! I'll try it as soon asI can. I just need to buy an USB drive 16GB or larger.

One final question. What about burned games? I have 3 versions of Melee burned, and I can boot them through NeoGamma (which I discovered is the Italian version of all the things related to region-free and downloaded games) and MIOS (which is a custom IOS that makes burned GC games work).
Will they be playable or the USB drive method "replaces" the disc one?

Ander

Smash Cadet
I don't have the tools to do the process... But the final result should be the Wii loading into GX Loader, correct? What if Priiloader isn't installed? I think that is the point.

Last edited:

Ander

Smash Cadet
Ok, thanks a lot dude! I'll let you know if something goes wrong. Thank you again!

Ander

Smash Cadet
Two last questions...
1) How large is Brawl? I have two types, one is 8.5GB, the other is 4.7. I'm downloading a 7.92GB at the moment. Which one should I use?
2) Where is wiiBackupManager? I can't find it in the Dropbox files...

EDIT: The 7.92GB one turned out to be an another 8.5GB one. I'm still wondering how large is Brawl, damn.

Last edited:

Ander

Smash Cadet
Wow, that worked! Thanks a lot, dude!!! Thanks for everything!

Although the camera still has that issue... How to fix that?

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

gc memory card solves the issue where the hackless launcher gets stuck on a pink and green screen, so it wont be that =p

I watched your vid, and it looks like it's 'normal' behaviour. (i.e. it happens with my setups too), I hadnt really tried to zoom in that much before.

Not much to do about it im afraid.
If you want to look at stages for easter eggs, you could open them on your computer with brawlbox and view the models in there. Otherwise working with the limits of the camera in game.

Ander

Smash Cadet
I was working with them, in fact, and most things can be viewed. But others like the famous "spanus" are too far for the zoom limit.
Well, this is not a big deal... The music was more important, and that was fixed ^^
Thanks a lot for everything, dude! Your guide is awesome. You should share it!

Top Bottom