• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Muramishi's "Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Lucina Combo Exhibition" works for Marth

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
Earlier today a smasher on YouTube who goes by Muramishi uploaded a video titled 'Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Lucina Combo Exhibition' viewable here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8O1Ib-bsFM

I originally discovered the video when a Smashboards user by the name of @Anthonio WIlliams made a forum post about it on the Lucina boards.

The problem is most of these true combos and set-ups are rather impractical as they require you to hit the opponent while right next to them which is a position you should be trying to avoid at all costs. They are also barred by rather tight percentage windows that vary from character to character.

They're still good combos to have in your arsenal though because if your opponent whiffs with a really laggy move (Falcon's knee for example) these make stellar punishes.

The following is a list of all the true combos in the video performed in chronological order as Marth. Even though some of these have already been confirmed as true combos for Marth I'm going to list them anyway since I want to cover the entire video. When you start getting into the combos that require really fast and precise control stick movement, the 3DS isn't so hot...
  • N-air (both hits) --> Jab 1 works at 0%
  • U-tilt --> Jab 1 works at 0%
  • B-air --> D-tilt works at 10%
  • F-air --> D-tilt works at 15%
  • N-air (2nd hit) --> D-tilt works at 0%
  • U-air --> U-tilt works at 0%
  • N-air (both hits) --> U-tilt works at 0%
  • U-air --> F-tilt works at 12%
  • N-air (both hits) --> F-tilt works at 0%
  • U-tilt (behind hit) --> Dolphin Slash works at 55%
  • U-air --> Dolphin Slash works at 0%
  • N-air (both hits) --> F-air works at 0%
  • N-air (both hits) --> N-air (both hits) I can't get this. I blame the 3DS. I need a Wii U person to test.
  • F-air --> F-air works at 60%
  • U-air --> Up-air works at 21%
  • F-air --> Dancing Blade works at 49%
  • B-air --> Dancing Blade works at 10%
  • U-air --> Dancing Blade works at 0%
  • N-air (both hits) --> Dancing Blade works at 0%
  • F-air --> Dash Attack works at ??? I couldn't make this work personally. If someone else could test that'd be great.
  • U-air --> D-air works at 40%
  • U-air --> F-smash works at 19%
  • U-air --> Up-smash works at 30%
  • N-air (both hits) --> F-smash works at 5% (F-smash tips too :D )
  • N-air (2nd hit) --> D-smash works at 3%
  • U-air --> Footstool works and is hilarious
  • N-air (both hits) --> N-air (both hits) --> Dolphin Slash works at ??? I can't do it because I hate the 3DS. Wii U people plz tst.
  • U-air --> F-air works at 24%
  • U-air --> F-air --> U-air works at ??? I couldn't make this work personally. I can get the f-airs to true combo at 55%, but I can't make the whole chain. I'm certain there is a percentage where it properly works. If someone else could test that'd be great.
  • U-air --> F-air --> F-air works at ??? I couldn't make this one work either. I'm certain there is a percentage where it properly works. If someone else could test that'd be great.
  • U-air --> B-air --> F-air works at 49%
  • U-air --> N-air (both hits) --> Dolphin Slash Same theory with this. I believe there's a specific percentage it works at.
  • F-throw --> F-air works at 0%
  • U-throw --> Dolphin Slash works at 0%
  • U-air --> B-air --> Dancing Blade works at ??? I'm quite iffy on this one but it might eb possible at a aprticular percentage.
  • D-throw --> B-air --> N-air (both hits) works at ???
  • D-throw --> B-air --> U-air works at ???
  • D-throw --> B-air --> Dolphin Slash works at 26%
While they require the opponent to miss techs, all of the foot stool set-ups seem to work just as well with Marth. Kudos to Muramishi and his excellent findings. I'm curious as to which other characters have undiscovered footstool combos and set-ups.

I couldn't get some of these combos to work properly for Marth, at least against Robin. As I've already said, I'm sure a lot of the U-air combos work at a specific percentage. The timing is really tight. I wasn't able to make everything with Lucina so I don;t want to write-off any yet as impossible. As for some of the down throw combos, I tried really hard but I don't think they're possible since the knock-back scaling on un-tippered b-air doesn't keep up with the scaling on down throw. If people could test these out for themselves and report their findings that would be great.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Thanks for sharing. This give me more to distract from my school work this week.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Dair spike into stage>Uair is a true combo at certain percents. As is Dair spike into stage>Fsmash. I have performed these on real, good players (With Marth). Very underrated and overlooked move.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
keep in mind that a number of these are setups rather than actual true combos, so if it seems like they dont connect too well, thats probably why. Only if di'ed correctly and dependent on weight that is xd. I'll still have to test some of them though, and im still in the middle of writing on the Nair stuff xD (this post beat me to it (・へ・) ). But muramishi's stuff on the NAir combos I'll have to credit later for the guide.

Good find either way xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom