• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multishines

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
i personally just figured out that i can multishine rather consistantly (though i can only do two at once) and want to no some uses for it

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Shield pressure
Nair do it
Run up do it
Do it
Watch melee fox play and see how they use it. It's mainly for shield pressure tho.

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
Shield pressure
Nair do it
Run up do it
Do it
Watch melee fox play and see how they use it. It's mainly for shield pressure tho.
yeah ive heard that ive heard eggm uses it near the ledge in case they try to jump out of their shield or shield grab u ( since they dont hav room to wavedash back or something) but ive seen haxes fox and he multishines like its his ****ing career

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
It's flashy, but it's useless. You can buffer a roll out of frame perfect multishines, there's more important things you could probably learn like shine grabs.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
It's flashy, but it's useless. You can buffer a roll out of frame perfect multishines, there's more important things you could probably learn like shine grabs.
You can buffer spot dodge/ roll vs shine grab. Frame perfect double shine hits buffered spot dodges and rolls, unless the shine is super staled. Double shines are good vs shield.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Actually if you (WD forward -> run) you can grab after shine hits. Don't know if it's frame perfect but it's at least a cool mixup.

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
Actually if you (WD forward -> run) you can grab after shine hits. Don't know if it's frame perfect but it's at least a cool mixup.
that works too...the shine grab is more for punishing someone who is waiting in their shield for an opening in your shield pressure

GeZ

Smash Lord
I know, I'm just suggesting alternatives to Shine -> WD -> Usmash as it's not always the best option, especially if your opponent isn't in kill percent.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
some characters simply move to far from it, unless you have the momentum from running. you may be able to get them if they are slighlty above you and you are quick enough though, ill test it out.

I was able to shinegrab a sonic, the shine did make contact. you need to be frame perfect.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Depends... different people can do it with holding the controller different. It is probably easier to do it with different fingers but it only makes sense if you want that for your complete playstyle... I wouldn't limit to one method which is correct calling the others incorrect.

Top Bottom