• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple rar files?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Recently I've been transferring things from my desktop computer to my laptop computer because my laptop computer is the only one that can burn things.

For a while it was working just fine but just recently things have been acting up. I've been using an 80 gig iPod classic to transfer the items and for some reason when I try and transfer an image thats 4 gigs it says the iPod is full (which isn't true because I still have like 60 gigs) but I can transfer items that are smaller.

So after seeing that, I've been wondering something. I've downloaded some big files from the internet before and a lot of them have been in multiple .rar files that are 100 mb's each. My question, how do you do that without it raring into one big file? If I did this I could just transfer half of the rars then transfer the other rest.

Thanks in advance.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Off the top of my head, Winrar can do that. It's pretty simple, it has an option to split a file into multiple archives. It's free too.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ah. I figured out how to do it. I was just right clicking and clicking add to "(name here)" instead of doing the whole archive thing.

Problem fixed, mods can close.

Thanks

Top Bottom