• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple Attacks From Ledge?

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
In doing all of my fights as of late to train up my Marth, I've noticed one weird thing that I can't figure out how to control. When I'm on the ledge, there have been times where I use my get-up attack and Marth has done what looks like a utilt straight from the ledge. Other times, he's pulled himself up and done what seems to be an fsmash, but lacks the power. I've got 2 questions regarding this.

1) How do I control what he does when recovering with an attack from the ledge?
2) (If 1 is possible) What are the different directionals for it and how do they behave?

I used to be able to simply jump up from the ledge, but a Fox I played in tournament the other day punished me every time I tried. I've been practicing sweet spotting his Dolphin Slash for either a recovery or a surprise L-Canceled attack to some degree of success, and I think that knowing how to control this will help a ton.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
In doing all of my fights as of late to train up my Marth, I've noticed one weird thing that I can't figure out how to control. When I'm on the ledge, there have been times where I use my get-up attack and Marth has done what looks like a utilt straight from the ledge. Other times, he's pulled himself up and done what seems to be an fsmash, but lacks the power. I've got 2 questions regarding this.

1) How do I control what he does when recovering with an attack from the ledge?
2) (If 1 is possible) What are the different directionals for it and how do they behave?

I used to be able to simply jump up from the ledge, but a Fox I played in tournament the other day punished me every time I tried. I've been practicing sweet spotting his Dolphin Slash for either a recovery or a surprise L-Canceled attack to some degree of success, and I think that knowing how to control this will help a ton.
<100% is fast >100% is slow.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
If you're using get up attack from the ledge you should probably think about what other options are available to you? If your opponent isn't prone to shielding or spacing via wavedashing as they approach the edge ledge-hop aerials are a decent bet. Rolling from ledge is also a good option, though you're going to have to make sure you mix it up with other options so it isn't easily read/punishable.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
If you're using get up attack from the ledge you should probably think about what other options are available to you? If your opponent isn't prone to shielding or spacing via wavedashing as they approach the edge ledge-hop aerials are a decent bet. Rolling from ledge is also a good option, though you're going to have to make sure you mix it up with other options so it isn't easily read/punishable.
I have had exactly 1 instance in which get up attack from the ledge worked well, and that was due to a dumb move on my opponent. I'm working on ledge hop aerials and stuff like that, as I went through Kadano's Perfect Marth Class yesterday. It's difficult getting my timing down, but that's what friendlies are for.

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
Just remember that the most important thing is to MIX the kind of recovery you use. There is no such thing as an optimal recovery unless you are Fox and that 100% of the time you can perfect Invincible ledgedash. You want your opponent to doubt your next recovery so that you get a higher chance at coming back to the stage.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Just remember that the most important thing is to MIX the kind of recovery you use. There is no such thing as an optimal recovery unless you are Fox and that 100% of the time you can perfect Invincible ledgedash. You want your opponent to doubt your next recovery so that you get a higher chance at coming back to the stage.
Alright, that makes sense. Thanks.

Top Bottom