• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiplayer

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who seems to totally break down with Olimar playing multiplayer? I seem to do fine all the time if I'm doing 1v1's, but as soon as you throw in teams or 4 people, I can't do a thing. My camping is owned and I have 3 people trying to edgehog me.

Any tips? I would just say I'd only play 1v1, but I'm one of the few Brawl owners in the dorms and a lot of people are in my room regularly.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I understand how you feel during multiplayer battles. :) I found a way to handle free-for-alls that works for me, personally. This is how I do it. I try to stay out of the fray, and usually stand on the edge of the stage. I let everyone battle each other. If someone approaches me, I grab them and throw them back at the other players. If several people approach me, I spam forward smashes and just try my best to stay out of the fray. I usually do NOT throw Pikmin at the other players, as it annoys the heck out of everyone and draws attention to Olimar. The key is to let everyone fight each other. Once I see people reach high percentages, I run in and up-smash them. Essentially, I am sniping them with Olimar. :) The reason why I don't just let other players kill each other is because usually, in a free-for-all, people take A LONG TIME to kill each other. They just keep smacking each other up, and diminishing returns makes it difficult for anyone to land a killing blow. So, in order to speed up the process and ending the match more quickly, I do the killing. I DON'T do the fighting. :)

When players start getting eliminated, and it's down to just 1 or 2 other players total, that's when I start engaging in actual fighting. I use my normal strategy. I treat the battle like it's a 1 vs 1 match.

XxSoilxX

Smash Rookie
yes, olimar seems to have trouble in ffas. I haven't found a solution other than to just bide my time and when people get too close, spam forward or down smash (I only use down if people approach from both sides).

Olimar is the reason i love sudden death rounds :) just throw a pikmin, wait for them to approach, and shield grab -> forward/back throw :p

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Maybe it's just that I play with really bad players, but I honestly don't have too much trouble in Free For Alls. I simply just use Smash attacks near the edge where everyone is fighting, especially Down-A, and watch as Olimar's range usually smacks people all over the place.
Then his Final Smash can be contributed as a large part of me winning.

Top Bottom