• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

muhaha first thing ive ever discovered (dont care if its little or inconsequential)

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
alright when yoshi does his second jump he gains flinch resistance which will gaurantee that he makes it back to teh stage, however if you fall on him when hes off the edge with an Angel Ring it will cancel his jump and give him a little damage, but regardless, it gimps his jump and makes him fall to his death... dont use angel ring for too long or you will also die and watch out for yoshi trying to FS you after youve gimped his jump.... it can be risky if you press b more then once, buttttt on the upside

pit has yet another gimp

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Yes good find, I sorta knew this before, cause friend plays yoshi, and every time he double jumps through a platform I am on I use >B and it stop it,

But I never thought of using it off stage like that, good application.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
also this can be used to catch the psychic kids second jump so that they are forced to use their up b which can be gimped but you have to time it right or youll be too far down to gimp them

actually this can be used to gimp anyone who does not have a very good vertical recovery... if you see someone off the edge below you you can just do a falling AR on them until youve dragged them down for a bit and with any luck youll absorb one of their jumps with your first hit, be sure not to press b to many times, cant stress that enough cause its just embarassing to die like that

Oh and if nobody has discovered this or claimed it yet, I would like to call it Angel Ring Dragging or ARD for us lazy people haha

if someone else has already discovered this and posted about... my b

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha happy days for you, i dont know any yoshi players but then again i only really play against one person and he mains lucas while seconding snake G&W and meta

Top Bottom