• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU spread Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This post is similar to Tier list speculation except instead of tier lists, its going to be in the form a MU spread.

We can discuss certain characters as well post our own MU spread.

I suppose I can start, but we all know I would start with my main bowser. However in due unbiasedness I will start with somewhat of an allusive character that i got lucky to play against this weekend at a tournament. Luigi.

I am gonna give the edge to luigi in a reasonably decent match up of 60-40 in luigi's favor again bowser.

Here is my reasoning
Luigi's movement far outclasses anything bowser can do and with luigi tornado ending into an Up B at almost all percents, It crushes bowser as a combo finsher, punish, and reset finisher. Luigis fireballs reset bowser for an Up B all day. And luigi can use wave dashes and lands off platforms to gain momentum to edge guard bowser at impressive distances from the stage. And where bowser can edge guard luigi also, it takes alot more guesswork. It is for sure winnable for bowser, I went 1-2 against this impressive luigi whom i never faced Who was first seeded in my pool at this regional. It was for sure a hard match up. A lot of correct reads and spacing is needed to win this match.

Anyways Ill update this list as things progress. Feel free to agree, disagree, add input or characters. I want this to be a big community based discussion.

:bowser2: Match up spread

:luigi2:
40:60

Last edited:

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Dang so this has been done already? Well feel free for an admin to delete/lock BUT in this post i dont see any spread for bowser...Lets get one going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom