• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Kill Penguin?

DeDaDo

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

I've been playing pretty consistently with my friend's G&W for the past 3 days (not over wifi, lag isn't a factor), and at first I was able to maintain a 50/50 win ratio (although at times i would have to resort to dededecide, because he wasn't used to it being used against him). However, recently, he's adopted a much more aggressive playstyle and I find that I just can't seem to catch his G&W at all, he's just too quick on the draw. Occasionally, I can get him in the air with bair etc., but i'm having a hard time doing anything else.

Is this just an insanely tough matchup for the King? Should I bend over and take it or can I do something about this?

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
honestly i don't know alot about this matchup, haven't played any good GW's, but techchase if you can, can get early kills w/ dash attack, Fsmash, or another grab

Timbers

check me out
It is hard. His nair destroys big targets, and his air game shuts you down pretty well. Your killmoves are pretty limited in this matchup because of that. Tech chasing works. Try and bait him into a dash attack.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I like using Inhale on people that are overly aggressive, it seems to confuse them. Granted, it isn't a "defeat all" technique, just pull it a few times to confuse 'im. Use those Waddles and Ftilts to keep your distance, just be careful about him bucketing your doo's beams, that can cause trouble. Take advantage of his small range by keeping your spacing.

Top Bottom