• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. G&W - Regards to Locking.

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Game & Watch has no proper way of locking an opponent in for a combo. Despite believe of him having no options at all, there are actually 2.

Option 1; soured/lingered f-air.
The lingering hitbox on f-air was notably shortened from Brawl, making this option even tougher to pull off. But it's hitbox has low enough knockback to lock.

I've only been able to come across one situation where this is doable (all by accident, during For Glory), and I recreated it in Training Mode.

http://youtu.be/kpaJjDWPeg4

Pulling this off on-command is difficult at first, but I believe with practice, it can be done. Something to keep in mind if you're trying to recover.

Option 2; Landing Judgement 2.

I don't think I need to explain issues with this one. A 1-in-9 chance of landing a successful lock isn't exactly reliable.

I got proof of it working, in case anyone really wants to see.
http://youtu.be/Dq3jDGQJ5H0

Deeply sorry for the video quality. I have a capture device, but I'm not able to use it at the moment, so I had to film off my Gamepad.[/COLOR]

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
Also, I have no idea why those failed colour codes are there, I never added them in, nor can I remove them..

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
The usmash will be escaped. Go for a jab instead.

When will people learn that this is a bad move and that you can always do something consistent instead?
I did let go of the u-smash a little late.. But yeah, thinking about it, jab > grab would be a much better option.

I only stated possibilities, not reliability.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
When will people learn that this is a bad move and that you can always do something consistent instead?
Its down to a pattern recognition for a RNG that isn't random at all. I don't use D-throw to Judgment in serious settings, but its like counting cards. Just requires some very basic math skills to establish a count for each hammer.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Its down to a pattern recognition for a RNG that isn't random at all. I don't use D-throw to Judgment in serious settings, but its like counting cards. Just requires some very basic math skills to establish a count for each hammer.
AFAIK Judge lost its predictability in this game. I'm gotten three of the same number in a row before, as well as alternated between two different ones.

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
Judge is random in Smash 4, to the best of our knowledge. Like anything random, of course a pattern that may seem common will appear, but that's because that's how true "randomness" is.

I have come into situations where I say "The next one will be a 9" and long behold, it is, so I'm not doubting you in any way.

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
Dash atk @ sub lower % into extreme judge is good if they miss the tech, or any move that causes a tech chase.

Top Bottom