• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOW YOUR LAWN OR DIE!! >:o

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
Even though it applies to only one city as far as I'm aware, it's kind of silly to see the government be able to tell you that your land must be mowed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The Article said:
The previous law only made the first violation a minor misdemeanor, with a fine of up to $150 but no jail time. The new law is to take effect in 30 days.
Its not like they're breaking new ground on encroaching any civil liberties; they're just upping the ante. I don't see anything wrong with this, though it is slightly sad that someone wouldn't take care of their own property. You're probably going to sell it some day, so you might as well take care of it.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't live in Ohio, my father used to. But even both of us didn't know that there was a law in the first place against uncut lawns. I mean I understand if it was rented property or something if such exists, but if you bought that land why should they tell you how to take care of their own property? What about people who find it difficult to even push a lawn-mower? A fine is already extreme considering rising gas prices, food prices etc. But now people have to face jail-time?

A question has just popped up in my head. If the person faces jail-time, who is going to cut the lawn? But then again, that's just me with stupid questions =3

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
lol, read my story.

Canton officially put man perpetually in jail.

Officials convicted a man of high treason(refusing to mow lawn), he has been jailed twice, the second time due to failing on having his lawn mowed while in jail.

Edit: btw, I have been to Canton and in Canton you Cant-on-joy anything!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
What if you are going for a world record of biggest grass blades? Then your hopes and dreams are crushed.

Along with some nice jail time.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I would stop cutting my grass in protest. Christ, the government can't say what you can do with your property. How does not cutting your grass hurt ANYBODY?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Where I live, we had to agree to keep "standards" up, so we can get fined or kicked out of our house by the housing development if we don't mow our lawn frequently enough.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Where I live, we had to agree to keep "standards" up, so we can get fined or kicked out of our house by the housing development if we don't mow our lawn frequently enough.
And that's what we call illegal.

They can't control what you do on your own property.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
Considering that an overgrown lawn could make the appeal of surrounding homes drop and negatively affect house sales- I think it's reasonable.

I still disagree, though.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
You do know this will not be enforced, right? Ohio is a horrible ugly state. Maybe Ohio can advertise for their lawns.

"We are a disgusting state, but at least you won't get lost in our lawns!"

*Waits for people to notice I'm from NJ.*

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
And that's what we call illegal.

They can't control what you do on your own property.
What Eor mentioned isn't illegal, it's a normal practice in almost all housing developments. You agree to the terms before purchasing the house, they don't just throw them onto you once you stop mowing your lawn.

Top Bottom