• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving The Meta - Chain Grabs Video 1080p

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
This is a chain grab for Pit/Dark Pit, this wasn't in training mode so rage and staleness were in effect.

Tell me what you think?

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A TRUE COMBO

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nor bad, and very useful.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
This is neat! but a guy called @ Kibzu~ Kibzu~ found this and posted a thread about it ages ago. Still...nice vid!

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Will this work for sure? As far as I can see TL could escape during his normal landing frames simply by jumping.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Will this work for sure? As far as I can see TL could escape during his normal landing frames simply by jumping.
No it doesn't work lol the opponent can easily escape its just a good mixup.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah basically, I mean I've gotten 70% with it which is pretty good
Very impressive. I tried it earlier, an got a JV3(or whatever they call getting 2 stocked without taking damage).

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Yea, I found this out a while back, during the 3ds ver, Its weight dependent and easy to get out of but it is a good mixup, is all.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Yea, I found this out a while back, during the 3ds ver, Its weight dependent and easy to get out of but it is a good mixup, is all.
Yeah in a competitive setting I've only gotten like 3 consecutive grabs, but then it didn't work after words, because the opponent just jumped away

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Great video, but your opponent can easily escape out of it if your not quick enough. Work on buffering the turnaround grab to make it guranteed. Fast falling uair can do the trick to make it make it quicker to pull off.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Great video, but your opponent can easily escape out of it if your not quick enough. Work on buffering the turnaround grab to make it guranteed. Fast falling uair can do the trick to make it make it quicker to pull off.
Well do it at all you have to fastfall uair, you just kinda get locked if you aren't fast enough, and buffering the grab is pretty hard because you have to turn around, at walking speed, you can't dash and that makes it hard to lightly tap the control stick, but thanks for the feedback I'm going to continue working on it

Last edited:

Cryz

Smash Cadet
How about perfect pivoting to replace youself after you land?

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Maybe if you adjusted the position of U-air it would work better.
Yeah depending on how many hits of the up air you get, it can hit them upwards, it could bring them directly in front of you, or behind you, its really tricky and depens on soo many factors, but if you can get the turnaround grab fast enough without dashing, its perfect but its hard

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Yeah depending on how many hits of the up air you get, it can hit them upwards, it could bring them directly in front of you, or behind you, its really tricky and depens on soo many factors, but if you can get the turnaround grab fast enough without dashing, its perfect but its hard
Or try perfect pivot grabbing?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Yes, It's not guaranteed.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Looks like a cool thing to use every once in a while when your opponent doesn't expect it. I'm gonna try practicing this later.

Top Bottom