• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving spot dash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
My bro and I were practicing some Shulk combos when he noticed he could move while spot dodging. Don't know if it can be done with other characters but it doesn't seem that way. Has this been done before?

My bro and I were practicing some Shulk combos when he noticed he could move while spot dodging. Don't know if it can be done with other characters but it doesn't seem that way. Has this been done before?
Maybe a video would help? How do you do this anyway?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
I'll probs post a video later if no one else has known about it.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Without any video to go off of, I can only think it's a dash + spot-dodge, thus sliding some distance. And mayyybe Jump Speed or Shield mode would affect it in a huge way. Other than that it could be Shulk inching backward after the spot-dodge finishes, like Ganon does in Brawl.

EDIT: I'm interested in the video.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I can dig this, it appears to look decent for a dash + spotdodge slide. That traction though:awesome:

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This is just like how you continue sliding forward if you shield while running. That means the MSpeed should not make it go farther, and the extra friction from grassy terrains should make it go less far.

I could see this being nice for running after people with projectiles.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Oh boy forgot about this. Yeah since finding this I think we found that lots of characters can do it, some better than others tho.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So I wanna say that Shulk Shifting combined with a Monado Art activation while dashing / running across the ground feels smooooth. It feels especially silky smooth when I just cycle to Jump & start running & get that MArt activation slide effect & finish it with Shulk Shifting to travel surprisingly good distance.

It's also sweet when you had Speed active prior, & buffer the deactivation so that you're Vanilla but you walk / run as fast as Speed & do a Shulk Shift right after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom