• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie VS. Movie - The Ultimate Cinema Showdown

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It's pretty simple: Which movie do you think is better?

There is a wonderful site where you are presented with 2 random movies and you have to rank which one you like more. Sometimes it's very VERY difficult to choose the victor because both are equally matched. I will be posting some of these close examples, others feel free to post as well.

A few things that will help -
1. Reply to the battle message if you are giving your opinion/decision on it.
2. Let's mark new entries with a phrase -
#newbattle
3. Supplement with a photo of the 2 if you can
4. Respond to as many battles as you like

Here's the first I will bring up, currently the most discussed on said site -

#newbattle

THe Dark Knight vs The Avengers

My opinion? The Avengers wins by a landslide. I have a serious problem with Batman as a character and series. He doesn't kill the evil bad guy, so that bad guy then is allowed to kill his loved ones and 1000s of innocent people, rinse and repeat. His morality is moronic and it's a self fulfilling lazy plot device to secure future conflict for future stories. Oh and Christian Bale is a terrible Batman.

Last edited:

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
THe Dark Knight vs The Avengers

My opinion? The Avengers wins by a landslide. I have a serious problem with Batman as a character and series. He doesn't kill the evil bad guy, so that bad guy then is allowed to kill his loved ones and 1000s of innocent people, rinse and repeat. His morality is moronic and it's a self fulfilling lazy plot device to secure future conflict for future stories. Oh and Christian Bale is a terrible Batman.
Avengers all the way. I don't really like the newer batman that much, and I absolutely adored the first Avengers movie when it came out.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Since I am strongly biased against Nolan's Batman films, The Avengers it is.

#NewBattle

Since Toy Story is approaching its 20th anniversary, I thought it would be appropriate to see which of the three is favored the most.

Last edited:

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
#NewBattle

Since Toy Story is approaching its 20th anniversary, I thought it would be appropriate to see which of the three is favored the most.
First off, I absolutely adore all 3. All of them are probably in my top ten favorite movies. My favorite of the 3 is Toy Story 1. I watched it 100+ times when I was a kid and will always have a special connection with that one specifically.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian

#NewBattle

My favorite is the first movie. I would rewatch it all the time, along with the Iron Giant, and We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008

#NewBattle

The First movie for sure. The second had obviously improved graphics and animation, but the first had the best story and the "novel-W-T-F I just-witnessed history in film-making" factor.

Toy Story 3 in my memory is rather forgettable, I've only seen it once. I need to watch it again to properly appreciate it, maybe I was in the wrong mindset.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
#NewBattle

It's close between the first and second movie, but in the end I'd have to give it to 2. The humor is better, they get more creative with the concept and it gives the supporting cast more screen time. Honestly, my biggest strike against the movie is how Stinky Pete basically becomes little more than a plot device to get the toys to the airport for the climax.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
#newbattle

This one is like choosing a favorite family member or something

Return of the Jedi vs The Empire Strikes Back

finalark

SNORLAX
#newbattle

This one is like choosing a favorite family member or something

Return of the Jedi vs The Empire Strikes Back

Empire all the way. Return lacks focus, drags on to long, has Ewoks and generally feels like a step down from the character development and more mature themes of Empire. That being said, Return's climax is incredibly awesome and is one of the best parts of the entire series.

Top Bottom