• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moved from 3DS to Wii U online, and have yet to win more than 5 times.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I've now clocked in 5000 For Glory matches between the Wii U and 3DS. Only recently have I moved to the Wii U version of the game, and after 500 games, I've only won 5 times. Yep, a win rate below 10%. It's dawned on me that the only reason I've improved on the 3DS is because the players I've been against are worse.

I thought I was good as Robin on 3DS, so I stuck with him on Wii U, and have been slaughtered every which way. Attempting over characters doesn't seem to help; I have a reputation on Anther's for being awful, so people avoid me there - when I said I couldn't beat most For Glory players, I was laughed out of the chat - and I have no local setting to practice in. Heck, I often lose to my friends who don't even own Smash and play casually.

It feels like I'm learning to lose. Dozens of videos watched, guides read, matches played and techs learned, and I still lose to a Ness only hitting himself with PK Thunder. No joke. Am I a hopeless cause?

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
son fight me sometime

Also if you just switched from the 3DS version Wii U version it's gonna take a little time to get used to the different controller.

Top Bottom