• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move Over Greninja. The Original ninja just got some new tools! :)

Are you Happy that Shiek got some new moves and has a legit Down B now?

• Yes!

Votes: 105 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Mehh

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Omg Sakurai is such a Troll to Ridley. Fans

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Would have preferred Impa

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
(READ ENTIRE POST OR WILL IGNORE REPLIES)
.............Do you seriously need an explanation on what Smash is REALLY about? Smash is for a celebration of NINTENDO's All-Stars, not Sony's, or Microsoft's, or SEGA's, or Konami's, or Namco's, NINTENDO. Third Parties don't belong. anyone else notice how Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo 64 only had twelve NINTENDO characters? or how Melee had so much work put into being the greatest celebration of NINTENDO's all-stars? or how Brawl only had TWO third party characters, when if Smash is supposed to be about EVERY GAME EVER it would've have so many more?

When did everybody suddenly start thinking that Sakurai was about NOTHING BUT FANSERVICE when he's just working on NINTENDO's Crossover Fighting game? When was it that Solid Snake was a Nintendo All-star? Sonic is fine, he works, he's been with Nintendo for a while. Mega Man has had a game on ALMOST EVERY Nintendo Console so far. the NES, the SNES, the Gameboy, the Gameboy Color, the GBA, the N64, the GameCube, and the DS. Mega Man is almost a Nintendo character himself. besides, Sakurai kept to Mega Man's NES look on purpose AND in the Developer Direct he states "Maintaining his NES look was a top priority. I'm not gonna have just ANYBODY participate from other companies." and yes that's a direct quote, look it up.

Overall point: Sakurai has stated that he isn't going to just let thrid parties in for no very good reason. Mega Man has appeared in at least one game on so many Nintendo consoles it's beyond "not even funny". his direct quote is "I'm not going to have just anybody participate from other companies." Overall, I have the proof that Sakurai doesn't want 3rd parties taking over Smash. it's HIS Nintendo All-Stars fighting game, and he isn't going to let a Sony mascot on unless they have a good reason to be there. for Snake, he got in because Sakurai has a friend who works on Metal Gear Solid who wanted Snake in Smash.

Thinking back over it I realize Snake's creator might ask Sakurai to bring him back in the new Smash, so Snake isn't 100% gone. however I do not see him returning.
I was calling you out because you said you didn't make assumptions and then immediately did just that. Sakurai saying he wants to limit third party inclusions does not mean he does not like them. You are assuming that. We also know that Sakurai and Kojima are friends and that Kojima asked him to add Snake to Smash Bros., but that does not mean that was the only reason. Again, that is assumption. I have nothing against your main point, Smash Bros. is for Nintendo characters.

and please don't bring up Pac-Man. look, the yellow circle character is fine, but I am honestly sick of Pac-Man discussions and Ridley discussions. nothing against either character, but their fanbases are so annoying beyond annoying and I'm sick of Ridley being brought up in EVERYTHING that relates to Metroid and Smash.
You are the one who brought up Pac-Man and Ridley, for the record.

As well as sooooooo many people demanding Pac-Man........I wish more people would request first-party characters like the western Armadillo Dillon, or, say, Bandana Dee from Kirby, or maybe even a Pokemon or two.
People do. Constantly. Dillon and Bandana Dee both have topics here. And there are probably 30+ Pokemon topics (but another new rep discussion after Greninja seems pointless).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
About Sheik's side B; I have an idea of where it could have sort of been based off.

In SS, when Impa escapes with Zelda through the gate of time, she uses a magical bomb to destroy it and prevent Ghirahim from following them. Sure, it was weaponized magic used as an explosive instead of a conventional bomb but Sheik's grenade might be kinda based on that idea. They are both Sheikah after all.

Jackson

Smash Lord
About Sheik's side B; I have an idea of where it could have sort of been based off.

In SS, when Impa escapes with Zelda through the gate of time, she uses a magical bomb to destroy it and prevent Ghirahim from following them. Sure, it was weaponized magic used as an explosive instead of a conventional bomb but Sheik's grenade might be kinda based on that idea. They are both Sheikah after all.

I remember Impa used a smoke grenade in Ocarina.

Morbi

Scavenger
Of course I am excited; I am a little disappointed to be honest. I main Sheik as an extension of Zelda, but perhaps with some new tools I can main her with the same enthusiasm. The Grenade looks great, I am not really sure what her other move is to be honest. I am going to need to actually use that one to figure out how it works.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Snake isn't coming back, and Pac-man isn't joining the battle. the third party characters we have are all we're getting, end of story.
and please don't bring up Pac-Man. look, the yellow circle character is fine, but I am honestly sick of Pac-Man discussions and Ridley discussions. nothing against either character, but their fanbases are so annoying beyond annoying and I'm sick of Ridley being brought up in EVERYTHING that relates to Metroid and Smash.

As well as sooooooo many people demanding Pac-Man........I wish more people would request first-party characters like the western Armadillo Dillon, or, say, Bandana Dee from Kirby, or maybe even a Pokemon or two.
:4pacman: You positive?

Last edited:
Top Bottom