• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move decay/UTilt Questions

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I know that Up-B and DSmash are our main killing moves, but I like to use them outside of KOing. I've been trying to detour from using them as much, so I've been trying to find out way to refresh them. One way I came up with is what I call a pseudo gimp, where I dair someone who has no possability of recovering, so I can get an extra move towards refreshing my moveset. Anyways, getting to the point of this post.

Does each jab while connected in a grab count as one move toward others being refreshed?

Do throws count as a move towards refreshing?

Neutral A on the ground, does hitting with it mutliple times only count as a single move, or multiple?

Last question, how do you utilt with tap jump on?

I'd rather keep tap jump on for the psuedo uair combos at lower percents and having the ability to Shuffle Loop out of shield. I couldn't utilt (quickly) in melee either, but didn't need to bother with it either since I mained Jiggs. MK's is different, cause it's actually useful, so I'm trying to learn it. Hoping for an easier method than muscle memory, so any tips are appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read ;P

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
taking tap jump off is the best way , otherwise hit up on the c-stick while hitting up on the control stick, not sure how fast you can do it tho

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Does each jab while connected in a grab count as one move toward others being refreshed?

--Pretty sure the answer is yes.

Do throws count as a move towards refreshing?

--Yes, but only as one move, i.e. Dthrow doesn't count as multiple moves.

Neutral A on the ground, does hitting with it mutliple times only count as a single move, or multiple?

--I'm not sure, if you tap A just once MK will slash multiple times no matter what. I think that counts as one move. Additional slashes might add more.

Last question, how do you utilt with tap jump on?

--The easiest way is with tap jump off. A good way to perform Utilt is to hold up while performing another move, then use Utilt. This only works well in comboes though. Otherwise, you'll have to move the control stick up slowly then hit A.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I prefer to turn off jump on "up" if possible. I never use it so it only gets in the way.
True, but my main issue with turning it off is using Shuffle Loop out of the shield. I've gotten many kills from it.

So I guess I've just gotta learn it from muscle memory. Up and c-stick is harder than doing the tilt normally lol.

Top Bottom