• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

moufz dk guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Hardest is IC then Jiggly then Falco in my opinion.

Bowser = easiest. Ganon and Mewtwo are up there too. Maybe G+W? I've never played a good G+W.

Banned via Administration
ic is hard, right up there with jiggs then fox then falco then shiek/peach.

easiest is debatable, prob bowser or roy.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Why does everyone think that Bowser is easy? A good Bowser is a scary opponent.

Hes got plenty of approaches, a better close range game and his edgeguarding on DK issuper cheap. He also has nice setups on DK with his throws.

I know DK has a lot going for him against boozer. But I dont think its his hardest matchup.

I reckon Mewtwo and Roy are by far the best matches DK has.

IC's are stupidly hard to fight. Yoshi is also tough.

peace out

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I have had trouble against bowsers and mu2s. Much better luck against GWs and Roys.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy is by far DK's best matchup I say. Bowser, Mewtwo, Pichu and Kirby also come up into my mind but I'm not too sure about Mewtwo though. One DK's hardest matchup is are the IC's those scary lil' eskimos... o_o But Sheik is even worse! She totally ***** DK...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Gross, I would much rather play against Sheik. You can grab and combo her and hit her with your foot.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Bowser is just a slower DK. That's why he's easier. A good anybody can be scary. The game isn't that far unbalanced. Mewtwo is the same way. They have some things going for them but DK has even more plus he can overwhelm them with speed.

The Kirby match-up is actually nearly even. It is very close. It would probably be even for you PALs. A good Kirby is tough for DK.

Bowser is just a slower DK. That's why he's easier. A good anybody can be scary. The game isn't that far unbalanced. Mewtwo is the same way. They have some things going for them but DK has even more plus he can overwhelm them with speed.

The Kirby match-up is actually nearly even. It is very close. It would probably be even for you PALs. A good Kirby is tough for DK.
no. just no.

bowser is not a slower dk.

kirby is not a good character at all.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Bowser is pretty mush a slower DK. The main difference is he uses f-air in place of b-air so he gets to face forward. Bowser's too slow to combo DK effectively and DK can combo Bowser easily with u-airs/b-airs/any arial/u-b. Both edgeguard each other very well. Both u-b to stop SG and as quick attacks. Both have a great ledge game. The effects of their actions in their current metagames are basically the same minus DK's speed and comboability. The characters play vastly different from each other but the outcomes of their actions in given circumstances are basically the same.

Also, the Kirby match-up is very even. I know this match-up like the back of my hand. Play Kirbstir with DK and lose then come say the match-up is not pretty even. DK has a slight advantage because he can kill Kirby at fairly low percents but the advantage really isn't even worth mentioning. Especially when the Kirby knows what he's doing against DK and stay grounded more than usual.

Bowser is pretty mush a slower DK. The main difference is he uses f-air in place of b-air so he gets to face forward. Bowser's too slow to combo DK effectively and DK can combo Bowser easily with u-airs/b-airs/any arial/u-b. Both edgeguard each other very well. Both u-b to stop SG and as quick attacks. Both have a great ledge game. The effects of their actions in their current metagames are basically the same minus DK's speed and comboability. The characters play vastly different from each other but the outcomes of their actions in given circumstances are basically the same.

Also, the Kirby match-up is very even. I know this match-up like the back of my hand. Play Kirbstir with DK and lose then come say the match-up is not pretty even. DK has a slight advantage because he can kill Kirby at fairly low percents but the advantage really isn't even worth mentioning. Especially when the Kirby knows what he's doing against DK and stay grounded more than usual.
dude. you said bowser is a slow dk. you are ********. do you even play this game? jesus christ.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
This may surprise you, but 5150 has been banned many times.

Hmmm. Bowser and DK are quite different.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Fact is there aren't many scary bowsers out there.
I dunno about you Mic, but i've always found CAO's boozer pretty scary. I even lost to Emilys boozer back in the day lol.

Maybe I just suck vs Bowser. But i've always found that a bowser who spaces and DI's well is a very hard opponent, they can also use the U-throw to set DK up for aerials (this is not a good thing)

peace out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom