• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 4 [Fanmade Game] coming out June 2015

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I read that as Mother 3 at first and got really excited, then I got really sad.

Congrats to the team on the release, though!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I will be checking this out. Definitely a fanmade game though, so sorry to hurt the hype.

Grass

Smash Lord
Please note that this is fanmade. You should probably edit that in the original post.

Unless you are just trolling.
Umm, I was fully aware Mother 4 is a fan made game. I've been watching it's progress since it's initial announce. Unlike other fan games, however, I can see the love and dedication the dev team put into this game and I'm glad to see it coming to fruition at this point.

I read that as Mother 3 at first and got really excited, then I got really sad.

Congrats to the team on the release, though!
Mother 3 will come eventually. If Itoi ever changes his mind about it.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I don't know if Mother 3 will come eventually, but we have the fan translation to play, which is great.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I can't say I've been following M4 but I do remember when it was first announced and have checked it out a bit recently. It looks like the game is shaping up to be super, super promising.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Umm, I was fully aware Mother 4 is a fan made game. I've been watching it's progress since it's initial announce.
That's nice. Other people don't. I think it's important to clarify that it's a fan made game in the topic title.

This looks fantastic, but they should change the name. They don't want all of their hard work going to waste, do they? Call it "Another Mother" or something. Branding it as a sequel to Mother 3 may cause legal problems. You never know if Itoi will change his mind a decade from now. I certainly hope he does, considering how much potential the series has.

Grass

Smash Lord
That's nice. Other people don't. I think it's important to clarify that it's a fan made game in the topic title.

This looks fantastic, but they should change the name. They don't want all of their hard work going to waste, do they? Call it "Another Mother" or something. Branding it as a sequel to Mother 3 may cause legal problems. You never know if Itoi will change his mind a decade from now. I certainly hope he does, considering how much potential the series has.
Itoi actually said he wanted to see someone else make another mother game in an interview. He said he'd rather play games then make them. I'm fairly sure Itoi won't sue. He wants to see what the fans can do with the series, at least that's the impression that I get.

Top Bottom