• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Optimal Luigi Combo's

Doc. (ThatAlphGuy?)

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, I'm a full time Luigi main and have been practicing tirelessly to improve my combo game and though i should bring my findings to all of you for potential discussion. I've compiled many character specific combos from D-Throw and will surely be adding more as I find them. The criteria for these combo's being implementing is the must feel to me as the most optimal possible combo.

The Cat-Scratch
Works on - :4bowser::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4fox::4zss::4falcon::4wario2::4sheik::4megaman::4link::4littlemac::4greninja::4charizard::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4rob:
D-Throw > Short Hop Fair > Fast Fall Nair > U-Tilt (repeat until they reach the middle of the hit box, number may vary from character to character) > Uair > Bair/Fair (DI dependant) > *optional follow up* Fireball to read any missed tech's > Fireball reset Sweet spot U-B
Alternate - D-Throw > Short Hop Fair > Fast Fall Nair > U-Tilt > U - Smash > Fair

Weegie Vortex
Works on - Anyone but :4diddy::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4marth::4lucario::4shulk::4zelda::4luigi::4mario::4lucina:
D-Throw > Fair > Fast Fall Dair > D-Tilt > Jab 2 cancel to Re-grab > D-Throw > Uair > Jump Cancel Cyclone (not garunteed)
Alternate - D-Throw > Fair > Fast Fall Dair > D-Tilt > Jab 2 cancel to Re-grab > D-Throw > Sweet Spot Dair > 1st frame nair

3 Dollar Slices
works on - Everyone with slight variation dependent on fall speed
D-Throw facing and near the ledge > Fair > Fast fall Fair > Jump Fair > Missle back to safety
Alternate - 4 Dollar Slices
D-Throw facing and near the ledge > Fair > Fast fall Fair > Fair (still falling) > Jump Fair

These 2 combo's are dependent on how your opponent decides to react after the second fair, those who continue to fall will get hit by the Alt Combo since the 3rd fair will pop them up a bit and allow you to hit a 4th. The main combo catch those who try to jump over you. The aforementioned combo is on reaction to the jump but if you read the jump you can replace the last fair with a Dair to attempt and sweet spot meteor spike them.

Random non Down Throw combos:
Frame Trap - On shield hit them with a Fair then quickly cancel into Nair
Jab Cancel Kills??? - I've been toying with what moves Luigi can Jab cancel into and the majority of them are Shieldable or at the very least possible to stop but recently I've discovered with a few friends a guaranteed kill set up for Luigi as long as the opponent is in kill range of sweet spot U-B. The way to pull this off is making sure your opponent is very close to you so that your jab goes deep into their hitbox, using the first hit to confirm them being in the right spot continue on to the second jab hit simple input U-B right after the second hit and it will guarantee a true combo able to kill people with little to no resistance just from landing a jab.

I'll be adding more combo's and random little things I find as they pop up! please give me feedback on what you think of my findings.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Yesssssss the 3 dollar slices is one of my favorites. Word of caution though! It is very risky against anyone that utilizes any sort of foot stool combos.

My friend (who is a little mac main) knows to go for the nair --> foot stool every time I try and get 3 fairs off stage. It can be kind of dangerous.

Top Bottom