• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Enjoyable "For Glory" Matches?

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I've noticed a lot of topics discussing your most annoying, worse, or downright irritating games, but how about matches, players, or sets you had the most fun with? It's a rare thing to have fun on the mode it seems, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had an enjoyable game or two with some players.

One of my favorite games was a Falcon mirror with a player. We both would go for idiotically flashy moves at nearly the same time, taunting in fun when we landed a Falcon Punch or knee.

Have any of you had something equally as fun?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Every match when I play against people in the same skill level as I am tends to be the most enjoyable ones I've had.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I love it when me and my opponent have a :4littlemac: vs. :4ryu: game. Its always a lot of fun. A lot of close games too.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Anytime I get a Ness as a partner on For Glory Doubles (As Lucas), I always have a blast.
I also have a blast when I'm on a winning streak.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Anytime I get a Ness as a partner on For Glory Doubles (As Lucas), I always have a blast.
I also have a blast when I'm on a winning streak.
I love being matched with ditto partners on 2v2. They are my favorite matchups.

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
Finding a mutual Shulk, DK, Lucina, or Jigglypuff main who does a mutual taunt with me at the beginning. That's how they know what's up.

Furret24

Smash Master
Opponents on my skill level are generally some of my favorite matches to play.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I had a glorious for glory match with Little Mac. I was getting stomped by this Peach user. I am behind on my last stock with 80% health. I finally take one her lives. With grace I do a combo of dash attack, down a attack , then bam!!! K.O. punch.

Gamin'Snow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowcracker
Most dittos tend to be pretty fun for me. I remember one where we both spammed kirby's dtilt for about, 30 seconds straight.
I think the most enjoyable match I've had on For Glory period was just a little while earlier, in free for all. Bowsercides, taunts and every other suicide imaginable was present. And it was all in lighthearted fun. If For Fun actually had matches like that, I wouldn't have moved to For Glory in the first place.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Today i had one of the best times in FG i ever experienced.

I two-stocked a player who was using :4ness: (i was :4mewtwo:). I got the final kill with a back-throw, and taunted, and this guy turned REALLY mad, changing his player name into "FKKN-CNT!", "NOOB", "SKILL?" and other i don't remember.

He then picked :4yoshi:, and got a little too mash-happy, took a stock off of me (he taunted like 3 times), but still got beaten by me (got overly committed to egg-throw, which i kept punishing with fully charged Shadow-balls)

This time he changed his name to "SPAMMER", "NOSKILL", "U.MAD?" etc etc.

Then he went with :4sonic:, and i swear, he kept doing the same two things over and over.
He NEVER stopped using that... neutral B? (the one where sonic rolls into a ball, stands still for half a second, and then flies towards his opponent) I side-stepped & punished it with dash-attack/up-smashes. For some reason he just didn't learn.
Got his last stock again with b-throw, and taunted.

Again, "NOSKILL", "LAME", "WEEABOO" since i used a Japanese looking Mii & player tag (I'm half japanese though), etc etc.

Then he picked :4fox: and tried to reflect my shadow-balls, but i kept not using it and instead dash-attacked/grabbed him.
On his last stock (i still had both of mine) i did throw a (3/4 charged) shadow-ball, he used reflect, i used confusion.
Killed him him at 50% i think. (should've kept that reflect up)

I think he raged at this point. He kept changing his name to all the above mentioned things + some i don't remember for a looong time.

In our last battle he chose :4sheik:.
-And played super predictable.
Stage-spiked him with Mewtwo's bair on his last stock. He could've actually made it, but he d-aired into death (not sure if mistake, or salty SD).

He then changed his name into "F U", "M2_OP" and "TIERWHORE".
I changed my name into "love-u-2" and left.

So yeah, it was a beautiful session.
I (and everyone i know who plays Smash where i live) always taunt when we get a stock.
Did it in N64, Melee, Brawl, and this one.
It's not meant as an offense, but rather posing for the audience.
And i'm not going to change that habit just because someone goes berserk over it.
-who, by the way, claims that Mewtwo is "OP".

Can't believe people get this upset over taunts. Simply beautiful. : )

Furret24

Smash Master
Today i had one of the best times in FG i ever experienced.

I two-stocked a player who was using :4ness: (i was :4mewtwo:). I got the final kill with a back-throw, and taunted, and this guy turned REALLY mad, changing his player name into "FKKN-CNT!", "NOOB", "SKILL?" and other i don't remember.

He then picked :4yoshi:, and got a little too mash-happy, took a stock off of me (he taunted like 3 times), but still got beaten by me (got overly committed to egg-throw, which i kept punishing with fully charged Shadow-balls)

This time he changed his name to "SPAMMER", "NOSKILL", "U.MAD?" etc etc.

Then he went with :4sonic:, and i swear, he kept doing the same two things over and over.
He NEVER stopped using that... neutral B? (the one where sonic rolls into a ball, stands still for half a second, and then flies towards his opponent) I side-stepped & punished it with dash-attack/up-smashes. For some reason he just didn't learn.
Got his last stock again with b-throw, and taunted.

Again, "NOSKILL", "LAME", "WEEABOO" since i used a Japanese looking Mii & player tag (I'm half japanese though), etc etc.

Then he picked :4fox: and tried to reflect my shadow-balls, but i kept not using it and instead dash-attacked/grabbed him.
On his last stock (i still had both of mine) i did throw a (3/4 charged) shadow-ball, he used reflect, i used confusion.
Killed him him at 50% i think. (should've kept that reflect up)

I think he raged at this point. He kept changing his name to all the above mentioned things + some i don't remember for a looong time.

In our last battle he chose :4sheik:.
-And played super predictable.
Stage-spiked him with Mewtwo's bair on his last stock. He could've actually made it, but he d-aired into death (not sure if mistake, or salty SD).

He then changed his name into "F U", "M2_OP" and "TIERWHORE".
I changed my name into "love-u-2" and left.

So yeah, it was a beautiful session.
I (and everyone i know who plays Smash where i live) always taunt when we get a stock.
Did it in N64, Melee, Brawl, and this one.
It's not meant as an offense, but rather posing for the audience.
And i'm not going to change that habit just because someone goes berserk over it.
-who, by the way, claims that Mewtwo is "OP".

Can't believe people get this upset over taunts. Simply beautiful. : )
Arguably the best thing I've read all week. :laugh:

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Getting lag less matches,doesn't matter if I win or lose.

Finding someone equally or better skilled is also a plus.

Supersteve45

Smash Rookie
My favorite matches are when I play Mario dittos and win. Also, whenever I play my Mario against a Ganondorf and am able to combo and style the crap out of them ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Last edited:

IxaVerse

Smash Rookie
When I get destroyed by a pro. It's just the best feeling ever for some reason.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I had a glorious for glory match with Little Mac. I was getting stomped by this Peach user. I am behind on my last stock with 80% health. I finally take one her lives. With grace I do a combo of dash attack, down a attack , then bam!!! K.O. punch.
Giving the K.O. Uppercut on Peach was the best feeling I've ever had myself. heh

AppleTart

Smash Rookie
NNID
AppleTart64
3DS FC
5129-4151-5077
Falcon dittos with equally or better skilled opponents - bonus points if it turns into a "I can style harder than you" contest. Also, 2v2s where everyone is nearly equal and has good synergy with their partners. Very rare, very fun.

Jiten

Blade Dancing
NNID
Serenade_Blade
3DS FC
3067-9036-1684
Like many others, I primarily enjoy For Glory when I find somebody who can even make me try my hardest. It's amazingly suspenseful when you go toe-to-toe with a random competitive junkie who just so happens to be blowing his time away, just like yourself.

Today, I found a Marth player who gave me a surprisingly rough time, and his perfect trotting and spacing made him seem more formidable - I got a rush just from playing him, and an even bigger one from winning every game by hairs. Finding an equal Marth player on For Glory has only happened to me three times since I purchased this game, and when it happens, it feels like I'm actually doing something with my time.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
If I happen to be these guys :4feroy::4myfriends::4marth: and my opponent picks the same kind of character(s), it is SO ON! :D

I'm down for a good sword fight.

EDIT: Additional comments.

Giving the K.O. Uppercut on Peach was the best feeling I've ever had myself. heh
Tino Tino

:< I actually got sad reading that, love.

Last edited:

Jiten

Blade Dancing
NNID
Serenade_Blade
3DS FC
3067-9036-1684
If I happen to be these guys :4feroy::4myfriends::4marth: and my opponent picks the same kind of character(s), it is SO ON! :D

I'm down for a good sword fight.

EDIT: Additional comments.

Tino Tino

:< I actually got sad reading that, love.
Right on. There's a shortage of swordsmen players, if you ask me, so it's great to play them. I hate to sound nosy, but I also enjoy the Peach ditto, even though I really suck at them and have no MU experience XD

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Right on. There's a shortage of swordsmen players, if you ask me, so it's great to play them. I hate to sound nosy, but I also enjoy the Peach ditto, even though I really suck at them and have no MU experience XD
Well, shoot! You just made yourself a friend. Let me pm you my NNID.

Anytime you wish to battle it out with the FE cast I've listed (I'll work with Lucina and Link too) let me know. I'm usually more free on weekends. I must warn you, I am still struggling with Ike but that does not mean I won't use him (don't worry, I get constructive criticism from Ike mains).

And if you like, I'll do Peach dittos with you too. Let's practice one of these days, my dear.

Last edited:

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
Any other :4ness: or :4pit: player that I encounter that is of the same skill level or at a higher skill level than me is always enjoyable to fight. It's nice to see people that know to use moves other than side-B.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
The greatest matches are when both players get along and acknowledge each other. Also, dittos with that said person is fun or randoms. Close matches with that person are amazing if one wins some and loses some same with the other person.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
When two-semi clones fight with certain skill-turning the match into a DBZ-FEST. Same moves, attacks, counters, defenses, offensives; it makes for a highly entertaining match.

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
Just finding someone who is actually at the same skill level you are, as fighting someone who is terribly worse or better than you doesn't exactly result in a fun match. Also dittos are great as the first minute is always spent doing taunts with each other. Also back and forths that end up in one clutch moment is always the best

Top Bottom