• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat Characters in brawl?

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
We all know that nintendo had some Mortal Kombat games for the 64, so what does everyone think about the characters being in brawl, sub-zero's freeze attacks would be a frustrating, yet interesting, addition to the game. Any comments?

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't like that, but then again I'm not a fan of mortal combat.
To a mortal combat fan that might be neat

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
LOL! I think that hell would freeze over before that happens! But I would love to see the effects of a Fatality on JigglyPuff. LMAO

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Meh. Mortal Combat is its own fighting game. If you look at the characters in Smash, none of them came from a fighting game prior to smash.

Ice X

Smash Journeyman
Everyone are having all these weird ideas about characters to put in Brawl. If all these ideas were put into place, ssb willl lose its touch as a "special" genre. It will be a mario party, fighting. 3rdperson shooter, adventure game all combined into 1. super smash is super smash, and the 2d fighting style won't be taken out. It's what's loved about the game.
Just to make clear.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
They wouldn't add MK characters to Brawl or else it would be rated M, unless they took out their fatalities. If they did take those out playing as MK characters would be boring.

Squatdog7

Smash Apprentice
i would have to seriously consider not buying it if they put in MK characters. I am a MK fan and i would not like them to be in smash at all.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ice X said:
Everyone are having all these weird ideas about characters to put in Brawl. If all these ideas were put into place, ssb willl lose its touch as a "special" genre. It will be a mario party, fighting. 3rdperson shooter, adventure game all combined into 1. super smash is super smash, and the 2d fighting style won't be taken out. It's what's loved about the game.
Just to make clear.
What the hell are you talking about? No character would chenge the game that much. Even if it did have MK characters, it would still be a 2.5D fighting platformer for ever. How would having any kind of character turn Smash into a Third person shooter?

nomis

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to join ...! with a rebuttal for Ice X's claims:

Ice X, name me 5 characters that, you think, will ruin Smash as a fighting game.
OK, you can probably think of 5.
Now, name me 1 character that will change the genre of Smash into something other than a fighting game.
I hope what you posted is just a joke, because I'm sure as hell that everyone disagrees with you.

As for MK characters? Only Johnny Cage, cause he can punch people in the crotch.
Now THAT, folks, would make due for some sweet animation, sound effects, and voices.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
i like mortal kombat, but thats a bad idea. You shouldent mix figting game frachizez, because both games have like 30 characters and it would be hard to devide the amount of mk characters into the amount of nintendo characters. Plus mk is way to violent for smash bros, all their attack and fatalities and stuff were just like ripping hearts out and ****.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Yes Mortal Kombat characters have no chance of making it in Brawl. They would be better than Final Fantasy characters, but they have no chance either.

But, just imagine. Kirby eats Scorpion. Then he screams "Get over here!"

fluffy

Smash Champion
Dark Soldier said:
bad idea completely. its just as bad as putting Leon S. Kennedy in brawl.
omg! i was gonna say the exact thing!

fatality is cool, but it doesnt fit the theme...

fluffy

Smash Champion
or imagine.... where he rips off the head of link w/ the spinal cord is attached.

Fatality

Ice X

Smash Journeyman
nomis said:
I'm going to join ...! with a rebuttal for Ice X's claims:

Ice X, name me 5 characters that, you think, will ruin Smash as a fighting game.
OK, you can probably think of 5.
Now, name me 1 character that will change the genre of Smash into something other than a fighting game.
I hope what you posted is just a joke, because I'm sure as hell that everyone disagrees with you.

As for MK characters? Only Johnny Cage, cause he can punch people in the crotch.
Now THAT, folks, would make due for some sweet animation, sound effects, and voices.
I was talking about the speculation of characters. I'll name one which really pisses me off.

Batman.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
nah. i like MK, but i want to keep chars from other fighting games out of here. they have their own thing going on. if u want to fight with them, go play their fighting game.

why would i want Mario to fight Scorpion or Ryu? that just seems weird to me.

now, do i want Scorpion to fight Ryu? yes. but that's a different story. ;)

Smash should stay unique and seperate from traditional fighters.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Having Mortal Kombat characters in Brawl is like having a pop diva signing in a opera. There similar but ultimatelty two completely differtent styles and they would not work well together.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol I laught at this thread cause it wil lnever happen, I doubt well c scorpion take out a sword and cut out ness head and use the whip thing to take out pikachus heart, unless obcouse sakurai is mentally ill...

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
Mortal Kombat sucks.
That is your OPINION. This thread is for saying if MK warriors would make it in, not if MK sucks. If you want then go ahead and make an MK sucks thread and get out of this one. If I spelled anything wrong, don't goad or ridicule me because I don't care that that is the only way you can offend me. Please get out and shut up.

El HP

Smash Ace
That is your OPINION. This thread is for saying if MK warriors would make it in, not if MK sucks. If you want then go ahead and make an MK sucks thread and get out of this one. If I spelled anything wrong, don't goad or ridicule me because I don't care that that is the only way you can offend me. Please get out and shut up.
My statement is very clear if I say MK sucks is because I don't want MK in Brawl, no need to ridicule you, you just did by yourself when you agreed with the idea.

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
My statement is very clear if I say MK sucks is because I don't want MK in Brawl, no need to ridicule you, you just did by yourself when you agreed with the idea.
All you did is to say MK sucks. You didn't say you didn't want characters in Brawl. Be more clear and read the posts. I never said I agreed with the idea. I said that it would be cool but won't happen

Top Bottom