• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Possible Yoshi Technology: EggRoll mechanics(?)

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I'm thinking there's more to the Eggroll then we know. I play against a good number of different smashers on a regular basis and one is a Shiek main. I've noticed that sometimes needles beat Eggroll, sometimes we clang, and sometimes my eggroll eats the needles. Another instance was when fighting a Wario, sometimes Eggroll would clang his SideB, sometimes he would win. I was thinking it had to do with percentages, but I think it has far more to do with how FAST your eggroll is moving. I use eggroll a ton in my mind games, and I found that if you start eggroll high in the air, then you hold back, (hitting forward on landing), you roll faster than sonic. I haven't tested this, but I think it may do increased damage and knockup depending on the speed. Someone check that for me, I'm almost certain that it's a mechanic. I will test this myself later, but it's something I've noticed in my matches

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Its how fast which is in correlation of how far you egg roll. You'll clang more than getting knocked out of the egg.

Last edited:

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
Kaysick is right. Hit % varies depending on speed (normally associated with distance covered, turning resets this back to minimum), ranging from the values 4, 9, 10, 11, 12. If you turn around from the air the egg roll starts at 9% so not quite max speed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom