• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonwalking with Fox

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
This is just something I cannot do. I can Moonwalk pretty well with::linkmelee::younglinkmelee::mewtwomelee::falconmelee:. I think what makes fox good (or atleast my fox) is movement and I think moonwalking is greatly benefit my movement. Quick thanks to anybody who gives me tips.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
This works for Fox and the other characters that can't mw the normal way:

1. Turn around
2. Dash in the opposite direction
3. Move the control stick down and back real quick.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Fox's moonwalk, unlike Falcon's, Link's etc.., is that Fox can only moonwalk after he walks.

As in you can't dash dance moonwalk with Fox. So do the maximum walking speed and then do a moonwalk like you would normally do with Falcon

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to disagree, I find it useful for edgeguarding because when people see they the moonwalk, they often recover high. If they drop lower, it's easy to react with a shine.

Basically moonwalking is a good bait.

I know mango loves the moonwalk too

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
I know it's not useful, but I think it will help when I'm in a last stock situation, moonwalk-> grab -> U-air. I remember scar tried to bait something when he did this with Falcon at Evo this year.

RAINGUARD

Smash Rookie
I'd have to disagree, I find it useful for edgeguarding because when people see they the moonwalk, they often recover high. If they drop lower, it's easy to react with a shine.

Basically moonwalking is a good bait.

I know mango loves the moonwalk too
Actually the moonwalk is quite useful in the fact that it allows you to start gaining momentum backwards. (pretty much like backwards runing) This allows you to jump way out off the stage to hit them with a Bair. Much farther out than you could by simply jumping backwards.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Getting the timing for this technique is brutal. I tried for about 30 mins and managed to do it, but doing it on command and getting the furthest amount of distance out of it is seriously difficult. Gotta train for days

Shinefeld

Smash Rookie
someone told me its possible to moonwalk out of run with fox but you have to be frame perfect? is this true? and what inputs would have to be "frame perfect"

Top Bottom