• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monk's Dk(Advice would be appreciated)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Ok, since this has been here for almost a week and nobody's commented on it yet, i figure i should at least give a little bit of advice.

Vs. Samus- Use the b air more. You should never approach a samus facing forward, you have nothing to beat pretty much any of her moves going forward. F air is too slow, n air can't really be spaced and has really horrible priority, u air has a small hitbox and is hard to hit, and d air is slow. Always approach facing away, you can eliminate any fear of missiles this way, and pretty much any other move. Giant punch more (at least i personally would). Use your up b on the ground more. If the oppurtunity isn't presenting itself, make it present itself. Purposely misspace your b air and land really close to her. When she tries to shield it, she'll probably drop her shield and try to wd or do something else, but if you do your up b right after you land, you'll hit her more often than not. U throw to u air is a must. I don't think i saw you use it at all, and thats just damage you're letting get away

Vs. y link- I don't really know a whole lot about this matchup. I've beaten the y link's i've played (including chudats) by just charging my giant punch, spamming b air, and getting grabs and edgeguarding. If you manage to get around y link's spamming, its not too tough. Y link has a hard time killing DK, but dk doesn't have a hard time killing y link.

Top Bottom