• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

monitor problem

nesshero

Smash Cadet
At home I have a dual-monitor set-up, and when I open P64k it opens to my second monitor, since that's what I play it on. I just left on a trip for 2 months with only my laptop, and now when I try to open 64k, it opens off the screen, even though my second monitor is disabled and disconnected. I've tried the move, resize, restore, etc, but I can't figure out how to get it to show up on my laptop monitor. I even tried deleting it and re-downloading and re-installing it and I have the same problem.
What do I do??

_kSo_

Smash Master
Try switching main monitors. So while your at home, go into display properties and select the second monitor, and chek the box that says next to it "Use this monitor as my primary moniter". then click on the other monitor (your laptop one) and click "extend my desktop to this monitor" or whatever that says. all your desktop icons and your start menu and such should all be on your big monitor.

now open up your pj64k and see where it opens up. wherever it does, just move it over to your laptop screen and then minimize it. go back into display properies switch main monitors back to your laptop screen and extend your monitor to your other one. Restore pj64k and it should open up right in front of you on the laptop screen. now close it and open it again and see where it opens to. it should be on your laptop screen now.

i had the same problem. i was pretty pissed about it (14 hr drive back from indiana. NOT fun) but in any case this doesn't belong in smash64 discussion, so it'll probably be closed or moved soon. but hopefully i answered your question

nesshero

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for the response, but the thing is I won't be home for 2 months, so I don't have access to my other monitor at all. That's the problem...

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hmm, I would try going into the desktop properties again and playing around with the settings. (like enable the desktop extension, even though you don't have a monitor attached.) and like the disabling them back to default settings.

U said you uninstalled/reinstalled pj64k? yea i dunno then. that problem with me was fixed after i got back home...

ok well I don't think I can help you now, but I can give you advice on how to avoid this problem in the future.

keep putting stuff on the secondary monitor like you always have, just before you unplug the monitor, go into display properties and disable the "extend my windows desktop..." wahtever that is. so do that and then all your programs/windows that were open in that monitor should all shift over to the little monitor (your laptop?). so now, whenever you open the program, it'll go to the place it was closed from. so if you close it while its in small one, it'll remember that. so until you hook the monitor in again, it'll always be in the small monitor.

hope that helped :)

Top Bottom