• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MONEY Saving thread.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
We all want to spend as little money as possible and with the holidays coming i thought it would be useful for us to share some tips about that.
I think this lil vid might be pretty helpful.

What i like to do is make a shopping list before going to the store :D It helps a LOT.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
my patented strategy to saving money is not having any in the first place

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Well I'm guessing you're behind or invested in that channel somehow? Since you keep pumping it....

Anyways, easiest way to save money is to make money while you buy things.

95% Will be lost at this point, but it's very simple. Here's just a few examples -

- Buy used collectibles or old videogames from people who will blindly and gladly give them to you for way too cheap. Then sell or trade them for a massive profit after playing them if you like.

- Buy rare and unique items at cost now as a future investment.

- Buy new "popular" pricey items or older rare expensive items and review/show them via video or a website. The views attracted can be monetized with advertisements, and it will end up not only paying for whatever you bought but most likely end up being compounding passive income for years to come. Passive income is the most baller thing ever, you literally just sit there and money comes rolling in :shades:

On YouTube without a partnership you get about $1 per 600-1000 views, so it's actually extremely easy in this day and age to attract enough revenue to pay for whatever you feature in a video as long as you are smart about it and timely.​

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
my patented strategy to saving money is not having any in the first place
OMG That is a brilliant strategy. I live in Bulgaria dude, i get how not having money feels like :D
Well I'm guessing you're behind or invested in that channel somehow? Since you keep pumping it....

Anyways, easiest way to save money is to make money while you buy things.

95% Will be lost at this point, but it's very simple. Here's just a few examples -

- Buy used collectibles or old videogames from people who will blindly and gladly give them to you for way too cheap. Then sell or trade them for a massive profit after playing them if you like.

- Buy rare and unique items at cost now as a future investment.

- Buy new "popular" pricey items or older rare expensive items and review/show them via video or a website. The views attracted can be monetized with advertisements, and it will end up not only paying for whatever you bought but most likely end up being compounding passive income for years to come. Passive income is the most baller thing ever, you literally just sit there and money comes rolling in :shades:

On YouTube without a partnership you get about $1 per 600-1000 views, so it's actually extremely easy in this day and age to attract enough revenue to pay for whatever you feature in a video as long as you are smart about it and timely.​
Yeah, a buddy of mine is making these videos. BTW Amiibo scalpers definitely understand the second tip you gave! Also where i live we don't have a specific 2nd hand game stores... yeah... online there are quite a few offers as well.
The problem with YouTube if i understood right is...that it uses a view time algorithm to determine how it advertises channels. Which is great cause it promotes good stuff, but bad if you are starting out. A channel with thousands+ subs will get thousands of hours of watch time, and get free promotion from youtube, a new channel with barely any subs will get very low watch time, and small amount of ad. Plus video responses are gone (i used them a couple of years ago and got quite a few vids on a stupid video :D )and the only way you can get your video seen is...paying for ads. Buying rare items requires initial investment...and well, not everyone has enough money (and acces to rare items in some countries). Yeah i guess someone could upload a copy of gangnam style and get a few views, but there's the issue of making the content you want to make not making content just for views i guess. It's reletive though, it requires some luck.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
OMG That is a brilliant strategy. I live in Bulgaria dude, i get how not having money feels like :D

Yeah, a buddy of mine is making these videos. BTW Amiibo scalpers definitely understand the second tip you gave! Also where i live we don't have a specific 2nd hand game stores... yeah... online there are quite a few offers as well.
The problem with YouTube if i understood right is...that it uses a view time algorithm to determine how it advertises channels. Which is great cause it promotes good stuff, but bad if you are starting out. A channel with thousands+ subs will get thousands of hours of watch time, and get free promotion from youtube, a new channel with barely any subs will get very low watch time, and small amount of ad. Plus video responses are gone (i used them a couple of years ago and got quite a few vids on a stupid video :D )and the only way you can get your video seen is...paying for ads. Buying rare items requires initial investment...and well, not everyone has enough money (and acces to rare items in some countries). Yeah i guess someone could upload a copy of gangnam style and get a few views, but there's the issue of making the content you want to make not making content just for views i guess. It's reletive though, it requires some luck.
Almost everything you just said about YouTube is not correct, most of that is in fact misunderstood and the new thing about "watch-time" is only partially true and mostly comes from people whining because they don't know how to make compelling well-produced content. The only thing watch time and overall engagement seems to really affect is your CPM and RPM, and that mostly is a product of how much percentage of the entire video was watched (which legitimately is a great indicator of whether or not it was a good video or not). The last thing you mentioned about uploading other's content is illegal and I would never suggest such immoral strategies, even if you don't monetize it and attempt to use it to siphon subscribers. Also you don't have to start out buying a $4000 super rare item, start smaller and work your way up as you make more and more money. That's how it always begins, the other line of thinking is so pessimistic sort of dooming yourself before you even try.

So, it doesn't matter if you have 0 subbers or 1 million, any video you put out has the ability to gain millions of views. It's not luck either; it can be, but if you are watching trends, if you know SEO very well, and you know what is popular or what will be popular you can easily and reliably make videos that get tons of view (even original content).

Now the above paragraph doesn't apply to everyone, if everyone was smart, perceptive, and talented then everyone would be making successful videos and all the money and views would be diluted. But as we all know that isn't true, if you look around you can instantly see that 95% of the people in this world don't have that kind of intelligence or the instincts to know what can be successful. Like all the things you were saying about YouTube, if you or your "friend" actually believe that stuff, you've already doomed your own success.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Saving money shouldn't be that much of a problem granted you don't get the urge to buy everything in sight. I occasionally receive money to save up, and very rarely do I have the need to spend it on something. If you're having problems, here's a fact to consider: There's a difference between WANTING something and NEEDING something.

Top Bottom