• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Momentum Glitch (sorry if known)

Roager

Smash Ace
As you may or may not know, using a move out of tumble or hitstun screws with your movement a little. That's how Diddy slides up with his barrels, and how Fox gets moved up by his reflector. At least, that's the best explanation I have. With Falcon, the Raptor Boost (side B) is (apparently) moved a little. I never noticed it, but once, I got knocked almost to the edge of the stage (it was battlefield, if it matters) and used raptor boost. I got into the startup animation (with the glowing hand) and then I fell off the stage, backwards, stuck in helpless. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, while I'm on the subject, this seems to happen with airdodges. (sorta) I think it affects anything with any effect on the characters momentum. Fox's reflector stops him, Raptor Boost stops him, Diddy's Barrels slow him, air dodges slow you (a little. very little) and if you airdodge out of tumble, it seems that hitting the ground, you slide a little. I can't really test it, being the only person i can get to do this. But I think it happens. Anyone else know about this / can test this / knows any uses?

EDIT: Sorry, but I don't have a recording device or wi-fi. If somebody else could find a vid of this, go for it. Sorry I can't give you one.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
People specifically airdodge after getting hit by something hard because you can do it before moves and because it slows your momentum a bit, making it take a higher percent to kill you.

I don't think any of it is new except I'd like to see the Raptor Boost suicide part.

Roager

Smash Ace
The issue with the airdodge was more the fact that it slows enough to apply the bug, but it keeps enough of the momentum going that you can slide upon landing. Possibly useless, but I thought it might be worth mention.

And as for the Raptor Boost, it's REALLY awful to experience. The game somehow treats the aerial move toward the center of the stage as a grounded move off the stage. Except you still face the stage.

Top Bottom