• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moding lucario.. Need help pleasee!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm sooo frustrated guys!

Kay so I'm trying to figure out how to do one tiny little thing in this FitLucario.pac that I'm modding, but I cant figure out what to do to make it work..

So let me explain what I've done so far:

I took Project: M's version of lucario, and I restored Lucarios Down B move to its original counter attack form. The animation is a little different, but it still works the same, and it actually looks really cool.

The problem is this...
If someone hits me while doing the counter, everything is perfect. But, if I just do it without being attacked, I can press Down B over and over and Lucario will go into his counter animation back to back. There's no pause after doing it. So I can just keep pressing down b over and over untill someone attacks me and I counter them. Its kinda cheep!
So I'm trying to figure out how to put a pause into the coding right after Lucario does the first animation so that if I don't complete the counter successfully, I wont be able to do it again right away. I'm thinking a couple of seconds would suffice.

The timing isn't the issue though. What I have managed to do was actually add a pause BEFORE executing the animation at all.. that is - I press down B, theres a pause, then the animation begins.
I figure I'm really close to the solution, but I just cant quite figure out where I need to put the timer in order to place the pause after the animation.
I'll post the .pac so you guys can look at it if you feel like it, you can also just use it cause its great

Also, so that you know where I put the timer for it to work the way I just explained here's what I did:
In smash attacks under the main action section - 115 (down B) I added an asynchronous timer (also tried synchronouse) for 20 frames (scalar).
I added this command right after the "Basic Variable Set:LA-Basic[70] = 1E0" command

Can anybody help?

heres the mediafire link for my download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wfda4c6zyc2f8j

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Update

Heres also an update on my progress...

Okay so here's what I've managed to figure out now:

Again under the down B coding, I added a synchronose timer of 20 frames just after the end If: statement near the bottom. After the timer I also added allow interrupt:.

So for some reason this actually made the execution of the move even faster. So whatever - I thought I'd just raise the number to 100. Did that, and the speed went back to normal. I tried higher numbers, and still nothing (just normal speed).

Why the heck is this happening? What do I need to do to make it slower!!??

Top Bottom